Terrible but Brilliant: Didier Drogba returns to haunt Arsenal, diving and scoring twice
- August 4, 2013
Over the years Didier Drogba would typically bang them in for Chelsea against city rivals Arsenal.
12 months ago he left Chelsea and Gooners everywhere let out a sigh of relief.
However, on Sunday afternoon Drogba returned to the Emirates with new club Galatasaray.
1-0 down, Drogba saved the day for Gala, scoring two late goals to make his tally 15 goals in 15 games against Arsenal.
His first goal, a penalty, was dubious to at the least after Drogba took a dive in the box and was somehow awarded a penalty.
His second was another typical Drogba goal; the good kind.
His first touch was perfect, creating space to fire in left-footed to give Galatasaray a 2-1 win. This saw them crowned Champions of the Emirates Cup.
GIF’s of his dive and his two goals can be seen below:
- ‘I am a Lion': Lukas Podolski officially unveiled as a Galatasaray player
- Galatasaray confirm Lukas Podolski will sign contract today, drawing his Arsenal career...
- Hector Bellerin speaks about how he felt when he first heard fans sing his name [Video]
- Arsenal full-back Nacho Monreal shows his patriotic side with Ultimate XI choices [Video]
- Barcelona have beaten Chelsea to signing of €35m Arda Turan [TalkSport]
- Former Arsenal & Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka becomes a player manager in India ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi