Terrible but Brilliant: Didier Drogba returns to haunt Arsenal, diving and scoring twice
Over the years Didier Drogba would typically bang them in for Chelsea against city rivals Arsenal.
12 months ago he left Chelsea and Gooners everywhere let out a sigh of relief.
However, on Sunday afternoon Drogba returned to the Emirates with new club Galatasaray.
1-0 down, Drogba saved the day for Gala, scoring two late goals to make his tally 15 goals in 15 games against Arsenal.
His first goal, a penalty, was dubious to at the least after Drogba took a dive in the box and was somehow awarded a penalty.
His second was another typical Drogba goal; the good kind.
His first touch was perfect, creating space to fire in left-footed to give Galatasaray a 2-1 win. This saw them crowned Champions of the Emirates Cup.
GIF’s of his dive and his two goals can be seen below:
Watch Live Stream
- Granit Xhaka posts lengthy message on Instagram after signing for ArsenalMay 25th, 2016
- Done deal: Arsenal finally confirm the signing of Gladbach star Granit Xhaka (Video)May 25th, 2016
- Arsenal fans aren’t happy about Laurent Koscielny being given captain’s armband [Tweets]May 25th, 2016
- N’Golo Kante rejects new Leicester deal, Arsenal remain favourites [La Parisien]May 25th, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba scored after two minutes for Montreal Impact (Official Video)May 14th, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba scores a brilliant free-kick in the MLS (Video)April 30th, 2016
- Leicester star Riyad Mahrez couldn’t believe Didier Drogba never won PFA POTY (Video)April 25th, 2016
- Chelsea legend Didier Drogba scores a backheel beauty for the Montreal Impact (Video)April 17th, 2016
- Galatasaray and Fenerbahce look back on Graeme Souness flag incident 20 years later (Video)April 23rd, 2016
- Ex-Arsenal man Lukas Podolski hits out at media reports he wants to leave Galatasaray [Tweets]March 21st, 2016
- Galatasaray v Fenerbahce called off due to a terror threatMarch 20th, 2016
- Kemal Bulut, father of Galatasaray’s Umut Bulut, was killed in the Ankara terror attackMarch 14th, 2016