Tenth choice (!) Laurent Blanc is confirmed as new PSG manager on 2-year contract
- June 22, 2013
Jose Mourinho, Rafael Benitez, Manuel Pellegrini, Roberto Mancini, Guus Hiddink , Michael Laudrup , Andre Villas-Boas, Fabio Capello, Frank Rijkaard…
PSG tried it on with all of the hottest girls at the party, and in the end were left scrambling to get what they could before the lights came on.
So after 9 rejections for a variety of reasons, the Parisians had to settle for Plain Jane Laurent Blanc.
The managerial search has been a PR disaster for the Qatari-owned club, who for the moment have designs of grandeur out of sync with reality.
The search was dogged by speculation that they were only offering a 1 year contract, so that the incumbent could keep the seat warm for Arsene Wenger.
PSG will do their best to present Blanc as ‘l’homme de la situation’, but there’s no escaping the fact that his CV doesn’t compare to any of the nine managers who were preferred to him.
So one of the richest clubs in world football, with more money could shake a stick at, are left with a manager by default. And one who played for Marseille…
It just goes to show, all the money in the world can’t buy you respect, or class.
A Les Guignols interview with new PSG manager Laurent Blanc can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...