- Neil Warnock: ‘I’d love Ashley Cole, but he’s not gonna come to Palace, he’s lovin’ it in Italy’
- Arsene Wenger: ‘Thierry Henry was 1 of the greatest player I’ve seen – and I’ve seen some good ones’
- Barça closely scouting ‘Gabigol’ & Malcolm Silva, Brazilian starlets dubbed ‘The New Neymars’ [Sport]
- Newcastle’s Soccer Am Crossbar Challenge, coach Andy Woodman trolls everyone with banter [Video]
- Daniel Sturridge quizzed by Liverpool fans in India, says he grew up supporting Arsenal [Video]
Tekkers! Gareth Bale’s Nuts & Roulette during Spurs’ FA Cup defeat at Leeds
“Thanks to all the fans who travelled up to Leeds today. Great support as always, even when we don’t quite get the result.” – Spurs star Gareth Bale.
Sunday was a disappointing day for Tottenham as they bowed out the FA Cup at the fourth round stage to a fired up Leeds side at Elland Road.
The lack of strikers in the Spurs squad was there for all to see with Emmanuel Adebayor at the Africa Cup of Nations and Jermain Defoe nursing a pelvic injury.
There are rumours suggesting Defoe could be out for 4 weeks – although Spurs boss AVB expects the England forward to be available for Norwich on Wednesday.
Once again, it was left to Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon to carry the Tottenham threat at Leeds and there was one brilliant moment from the Welsh winger.
It can be seen on the video below and it was so good that Bale even Tweeted a GIF of it last night. GIF is above and Tweet below.
— Gareth Bale (@GarethBale11) January 28, 2013
- Updated: January 29, 2013