- Jokes! Cristiano Ronaldo held back by Pepe to stop him fighting Gareth Bale [Video]
- Spurs Fan Footage: Erik Lamela incredible skills & shot saved by Partizan keeper [Vine]
- Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: “Jack Wilshere deals very well with kicks & tackles” [Video]
- Barcelona striker Luis Suarez frustrated with his bad reputation [Video]
- EPIC FAIL! ISL keeper David James got caught in the net whilst trying to kick post in anger [Video]
Tearful Daniel Agger has pleaded with Brendan Rodgers to let him leave Liverpool [Mirror]
Tomorrow’s Mirror claim that Daniel Agger is so ‘distraught’ at the prospect of having to remain at Liverpool that he broke down in tears in a meeting with Brendan Rodgers, in which he pleaded with him to let him leave the club this summer.
With both Arsenal and Barcelona reportedly interested in the tattooed Dane, he clearly feels the time has come for him to move on and seek pastures new, after 8 years on Merseyside.
But boss Rodgers clearly thinks otherwise, and sees him as a key member of the defence for the coming season along with Sakho and Lovren, despite the fact that he made just 23 appearances last seasons.
The language in this Mirror article is just a tad bit on the sensationalist side though: ‘Distraught’? ‘Plea’? ‘Tears? He’s not a slave is he!
- Updated: August 6, 2014