Tearful Daniel Agger has pleaded with Brendan Rodgers to let him leave Liverpool [Mirror]
- August 6, 2014
Tomorrow’s Mirror claim that Daniel Agger is so ‘distraught’ at the prospect of having to remain at Liverpool that he broke down in tears in a meeting with Brendan Rodgers, in which he pleaded with him to let him leave the club this summer.
With both Arsenal and Barcelona reportedly interested in the tattooed Dane, he clearly feels the time has come for him to move on and seek pastures new, after 8 years on Merseyside.
But boss Rodgers clearly thinks otherwise, and sees him as a key member of the defence for the coming season along with Sakho and Lovren, despite the fact that he made just 23 appearances last seasons.
The language in this Mirror article is just a tad bit on the sensationalist side though: ‘Distraught’? ‘Plea’? ‘Tears? He’s not a slave is he!
- ‘Excellent Decision': Brendan Rodgers claims that Benteke’s goal v Bournemo...
- Liverpool have £15million bid accepted for Borussia Dortmund star Henrikh Mkhitaryan [I...
- Jose Mourinho: Rui Faria could be a manager tomorrow, rates him higher than Liverpool...
- Lucas Leiva set to leave Liverpool after being left out of squad to face Stoke [Guardian]
- Brendan Rodgers starts post-match presser with classic Stoke cliche (Video)
- Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers praises Coutinho after 1-0 win over Stoke (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...