Tearful Daniel Agger has pleaded with Brendan Rodgers to let him leave Liverpool [Mirror]
Tomorrow’s Mirror claim that Daniel Agger is so ‘distraught’ at the prospect of having to remain at Liverpool that he broke down in tears in a meeting with Brendan Rodgers, in which he pleaded with him to let him leave the club this summer.
With both Arsenal and Barcelona reportedly interested in the tattooed Dane, he clearly feels the time has come for him to move on and seek pastures new, after 8 years on Merseyside.
But boss Rodgers clearly thinks otherwise, and sees him as a key member of the defence for the coming season along with Sakho and Lovren, despite the fact that he made just 23 appearances last seasons.
The language in this Mirror article is just a tad bit on the sensationalist side though: ‘Distraught’? ‘Plea’? ‘Tears? He’s not a slave is he!
Watch Live Stream
- Brendan Rodgers lauds ‘beautiful man’ Luis Suarez before facing his former player (Video)September 12, 2016
- Mario Balotelli wasn’t impressed by either ex-Liverpool boss, as coaches or people (Video)September 11, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers: I was doing Pep Guardiola’s full-backs tactical move at Liverpool (Video)September 9, 2016
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Liverpool’s Sadio Mane wins a Premier League awardSeptember 28, 2016
- Chelsea & Liverpool stars battle Kevin De Bruyne & Michail Antonio for a Premier League awardSeptember 27, 2016
- Twitter falls madly in love with Jurgen Klopp during amazing MNF performance [Tweets]September 26, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp gets told Liverpool title odds, reveals he’s never gambled in his life (Video)September 26, 2016