Tearful Daniel Agger has pleaded with Brendan Rodgers to let him leave Liverpool [Mirror]
Tomorrow’s Mirror claim that Daniel Agger is so ‘distraught’ at the prospect of having to remain at Liverpool that he broke down in tears in a meeting with Brendan Rodgers, in which he pleaded with him to let him leave the club this summer.
With both Arsenal and Barcelona reportedly interested in the tattooed Dane, he clearly feels the time has come for him to move on and seek pastures new, after 8 years on Merseyside.
But boss Rodgers clearly thinks otherwise, and sees him as a key member of the defence for the coming season along with Sakho and Lovren, despite the fact that he made just 23 appearances last seasons.
The language in this Mirror article is just a tad bit on the sensationalist side though: ‘Distraught’? ‘Plea’? ‘Tears? He’s not a slave is he!
Watch Live Stream
- “No Embarrassment” – Brendan Rodgers discusses Celtic’s 1-0 defeat to Lincoln Red Imps (Video)July 13, 2016
- Brendan Rodgers panned as Celtic beaten by semi-pro Gibraltarian club in UCL qualifier [Tweets]July 12, 2016
- New Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers: I turned down PL to manage one of biggest clubs in world (Video)May 23, 2016
- Celtic appoint ex-Liverpool boss Brendan Rodgers as their new managerMay 20, 2016
- Jurgen Klopp trolls Geoff Shreeves after Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Video)August 27, 2016
- James Milner penalty cancelled out by Rose equaliser: Spurs 1 – Liverpool 1 (Official Videos)August 27, 2016
- Coutinho Starts: Tottenham v Liverpool [Team Sheets]August 27, 2016
- Liverpool make £11m bid for Borussia Dortmund’s Christian Pulisic [Tony Barrett]August 26, 2016