Tata’s 1st presser as Barça coach:’Cesc not for sale’,’I don’t know Messi
- July 26, 2013
Barcelona’s new manager Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino was introduced to the media today, and though he didn’t exactly set the world alight (jetlagged, overawed?), he came across reasonably well in his beige syoot.
Tata had to field inevitable questions about his relative anonymity in Europe, as well as his alleged close relationship with Leo Messi, which many believe proved decisive in his landing the job.
After all the conspiracy theories though, it turns out they’ve never even met!
Tata explained that he’d seen Messi play several times for Newell’s on TV at the time, but that they haven’t yet spoken in the flesh.
The other most interesting aspect to emerge from Tata’s unveiling was that he was drawn to speaking on transfers from the off, and readily nipped Fabregas’ link with United in the bud, reiterating he’s not for sale.
The first clip shows this with English subtitles, while the second is a clip of Messi distancing himself from Tata’s appointment.
[gthumb id=”338592″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
[gthumb id=”338620″ size=”large” autoplay=”1″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi