- AC Milan open negotiations with Atletico Madrid hoping to swap Fernando Torres for Alessio Cerci [Guardian]
- Funny! James Milner plays up to his boring reputation as Man City legend Chappy visits [Video]
- Clarke Carlisle is fighting for his life in hospital after being hit by a lorry
- Priceless! Kids are amazed when Iker Casillas competes against them for goalkeeping position! [Video]
- Juventus ultras talk about why they feel the need to get club tattoos [Copa 90 Video]
Tata’s 1st presser as Barça coach:’Cesc not for sale’,’I don’t know Messi
Barcelona’s new manager Gerardo ‘Tata’ Martino was introduced to the media today, and though he didn’t exactly set the world alight (jetlagged, overawed?), he came across reasonably well in his beige syoot.
Tata had to field inevitable questions about his relative anonymity in Europe, as well as his alleged close relationship with Leo Messi, which many believe proved decisive in his landing the job.
After all the conspiracy theories though, it turns out they’ve never even met!
Tata explained that he’d seen Messi play several times for Newell’s on TV at the time, but that they haven’t yet spoken in the flesh.
The other most interesting aspect to emerge from Tata’s unveiling was that he was drawn to speaking on transfers from the off, and readily nipped Fabregas’ link with United in the bud, reiterating he’s not for sale.
The first clip shows this with English subtitles, while the second is a clip of Messi distancing himself from Tata’s appointment.
[gthumb id="338592" size="large" autoplay="1"]
[gthumb id="338620" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: July 26, 2013