Take a bow son: Eliran Atar (Bnei Yehuda) & Simon Cox (Swindon)
- February 8, 2009
Currently in the midst of an impressive season, Bnei Yehudaâ€™s supporting striker Eliran Atar confirmed his talent yesterday with perhaps the best goal scored this season, anywhere in Europe.
The 21-year-old forward claimed a stunning overhead kick to put Bnei Yehuda 1-up against Lothar Matthaus’ Maccabi Netanya, in a game which would eventually be drawn 1-1.
Atar is making a name for himself this season, with four goals in his last four games, for the season he has claimed eight goals and two assists in 14 appearances. In recent weeks, Israeli press reports have claimed that Atar is close to a call-up to the Israeli national team.
Eliran Atar’s incredible goal can be seen here.
Thanks to Osvaldo Cesar Ardiles for pointing our attention to goal overlooked in the past week. And arguably it is even better than Eliran Atar’s cracker.
The goal came duirng last weekend’s League One match between Swindon and Walsall which the home side won 3-2.
Swindon doubled their lead on 29 minutes with one of the best goals of the season in any division.
Lilian Nalis’s looping ball through was flicked up by Simon Cox and, without letting it touch the floor, he sent an equisite volley over the head of Clayton Ince from 25-yards to claim his 18th goal of the season.
Simon Cox’s sublime volley can be seen here.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...