- Remember the name! Barcelona lad Marc Alegre scores a solo slalom stunner v PSG [Video]
- Alex Song confirms to L’Equipe that Cesc Fabregas wanted to return to Arsenal
- Santiago Canizares’ son Lucas conceded a shocker for Real Madrid kids after 20 seconds v Sevilla
- Nasty! Juventus youth striker kicks out at Barcelona’s captain after a shirt tug [Video]
- Sevilla kid Antonio Zarzana pulls off a Zinedine Zidane turn before scoring v Deportivo [Video]
Take a bow son: Eliran Atar (Bnei Yehuda) & Simon Cox (Swindon)
Currently in the midst of an impressive season, Bnei Yehudaâ€™s supporting striker Eliran Atar confirmed his talent yesterday with perhaps the best goal scored this season, anywhere in Europe.
The 21-year-old forward claimed a stunning overhead kick to put Bnei Yehuda 1-up against Lothar Matthaus’ Maccabi Netanya, in a game which would eventually be drawn 1-1.
Atar is making a name for himself this season, with four goals in his last four games, for the season he has claimed eight goals and two assists in 14 appearances. In recent weeks, Israeli press reports have claimed that Atar is close to a call-up to the Israeli national team.
Eliran Atar’s incredible goal can be seen here.
Thanks to Osvaldo Cesar Ardiles for pointing our attention to goal overlooked in the past week. And arguably it is even better than Eliran Atar’s cracker.
The goal came duirng last weekend’s League One match between Swindon and Walsall which the home side won 3-2.
Swindon doubled their lead on 29 minutes with one of the best goals of the season in any division.
Lilian Nalis’s looping ball through was flicked up by Simon Cox and, without letting it touch the floor, he sent an equisite volley over the head of Clayton Ince from 25-yards to claim his 18th goal of the season.
Simon Cox’s sublime volley can be seen here.
- Updated: February 8, 2009