Swansea’s Chico Flores turns to social media to bemoan Crystal Palace’s controversial penalty decision [Picture]
Swansea’s Chico Flores seems to enjoy turning to social media in order to gain public support for his point of view.
Several weeks ago Chico posted a Vine video on his Twitter account in order to argue that West Ham striker Andy Carroll had elbowed him in the head during their Premier League matchup at Upton Park.
Fast forward to Sunday, and Chico again called on public support with regard to Crystal Palace’s u njust penalty at the Liberty Stadium which lead to the Eagles claiming a valuable point in their big to beat the drop.
Swansea’s Spanish defender was sent off when referee Mike Dean adjudged that Chico had fouled Palace striker Glenn Murray in the home box, and Murray duly stepped up to covert the spot-kick for the visitors.
The award of the spot-kick, however, was highly controversial as, as shown by replays, Chico’s foul had occurred outside the box.
Making sure to protest his innocence, the Spaniard upload a picture onto the Twitter and Instagram pages showing that his foul was outside the box, with the comment “This is penalty ?? Incredible,1 meter outside the area…”
See Cicho Flores’ post below.
Watch Live Stream
- Match-winner Jesse Lingard interviewed after Man United win FA Cup final (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Official highlights & trophy celebrations from Man United 2 – Crystal Palace 1 (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Wayne Rooney on winning the FA Cup with Manchester United (Video)May 21st, 2016
- Alan Pardew panned mercilessly for dad dance as Palace lose to Man United (Tweets & Video)May 21st, 2016
- Yaya Toure makes Manuel Pellegrini throw Man City jacket into away support (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Race for 4th: Man United & Man City confirmed team sheets on final dayMay 15th, 2016
- Skrtel captain: Swansea v Liverpool [Team Sheets]May 1st, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund target Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson [Sun]April 25th, 2016