Swansea’s Chico Flores turns to social media to bemoan Crystal Palace’s controversial penalty decision [Picture]
Swansea’s Chico Flores seems to enjoy turning to social media in order to gain public support for his point of view.
Several weeks ago Chico posted a Vine video on his Twitter account in order to argue that West Ham striker Andy Carroll had elbowed him in the head during their Premier League matchup at Upton Park.
Fast forward to Sunday, and Chico again called on public support with regard to Crystal Palace’s u njust penalty at the Liberty Stadium which lead to the Eagles claiming a valuable point in their big to beat the drop.
Swansea’s Spanish defender was sent off when referee Mike Dean adjudged that Chico had fouled Palace striker Glenn Murray in the home box, and Murray duly stepped up to covert the spot-kick for the visitors.
The award of the spot-kick, however, was highly controversial as, as shown by replays, Chico’s foul had occurred outside the box.
Making sure to protest his innocence, the Spaniard upload a picture onto the Twitter and Instagram pages showing that his foul was outside the box, with the comment “This is penalty ?? Incredible,1 meter outside the area…”
See Cicho Flores’ post below.
Watch Live Stream
- Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish promises Wilfried Zaha won’t be sold to Spurs [Quotes]August 26, 2016
- Spurs have submitted £15m bid to Crystal Palace for Wilfried Zaha; Player wants move [BBC]August 25, 2016
- Spurs are chasing Crystal Palace’s Wilfried Zaha [Mail]August 25, 2016
- Tottenham’s 4 best moments v Crystal Palace. Ft. Erik Lamela nuts & Rose reaction (Video)August 24, 2016
- Swansea confirm record £15.5m signing from Atletico Madrid; Borja Baston interviewed (Video)August 11, 2016
- Swansea post legendary Ashley Williams tribute video following move to Everton (Video)August 10, 2016
- Updates on Ashley Williams’ move from Swansea to Everton [Express]August 9, 2016
- West Ham spent a club record transfer fee to sign Andre Ayew from SwanseaAugust 8, 2016