Swansea’s Chico Flores turns to social media to bemoan Crystal Palace’s controversial penalty decision [Picture]
- March 3, 2014
Swansea’s Chico Flores seems to enjoy turning to social media in order to gain public support for his point of view.
Several weeks ago Chico posted a Vine video on his Twitter account in order to argue that West Ham striker Andy Carroll had elbowed him in the head during their Premier League matchup at Upton Park.
Fast forward to Sunday, and Chico again called on public support with regard to Crystal Palace’s u njust penalty at the Liberty Stadium which lead to the Eagles claiming a valuable point in their big to beat the drop.
Swansea’s Spanish defender was sent off when referee Mike Dean adjudged that Chico had fouled Palace striker Glenn Murray in the home box, and Murray duly stepped up to covert the spot-kick for the visitors.
The award of the spot-kick, however, was highly controversial as, as shown by replays, Chico’s foul had occurred outside the box.
Making sure to protest his innocence, the Spaniard upload a picture onto the Twitter and Instagram pages showing that his foul was outside the box, with the comment “This is penalty ?? Incredible,1 meter outside the area…”
See Cicho Flores’ post below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...