Swansea’s Chico Flores turns to social media to bemoan Crystal Palace’s controversial penalty decision [Picture]
- March 3, 2014
Swansea’s Chico Flores seems to enjoy turning to social media in order to gain public support for his point of view.
Several weeks ago Chico posted a Vine video on his Twitter account in order to argue that West Ham striker Andy Carroll had elbowed him in the head during their Premier League matchup at Upton Park.
Fast forward to Sunday, and Chico again called on public support with regard to Crystal Palace’s u njust penalty at the Liberty Stadium which lead to the Eagles claiming a valuable point in their big to beat the drop.
Swansea’s Spanish defender was sent off when referee Mike Dean adjudged that Chico had fouled Palace striker Glenn Murray in the home box, and Murray duly stepped up to covert the spot-kick for the visitors.
The award of the spot-kick, however, was highly controversial as, as shown by replays, Chico’s foul had occurred outside the box.
Making sure to protest his innocence, the Spaniard upload a picture onto the Twitter and Instagram pages showing that his foul was outside the box, with the comment “This is penalty ?? Incredible,1 meter outside the area…”
See Cicho Flores’ post below.
- Rui Patricio (Sporting CP) makes Gordon Banks-esque save to deny Crystal Palace (Video)
- Patrick Bamford admits it was an easy decision to leave Chelsea for Crystal Palace [Video]
- Patrick Bamford moves to Crystal Palace on season-long loan after signing new Chelsea deal
- Chelsea’s Patrick Bamford set for 1-year loan deal at Crystal Palace [Mail]
- Crystal Palace boss Alan Pardew is lauded for having ‘Pards’ printed on his...
- Crystal Palace & Everton are fighting to sign striker Jordan Ayew [L’Equipe]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi