- A sinister Bruce Grobelaar says Simon Mignolet is Liverpool’s problem: ‘He let in 52 goals!’
- Frank Lampard post-Man City 3 – Bayern 2: ‘It was a special night, but we’re not there yet’ [Video]
- Brilliant! BVB coach Jurgen Klopp laughs hysterically to the bemusement of journos [Video]
- Gallas? John Terry post Schalke 0 – Chelsea 5: ‘William’ [sic] was different class’ [Video]
- Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho post-Schalke: ‘Winning 5-0 in Germany is not normal’ [Video]
Swansea striker Michu has passed a medical to join Napoli, deal imminent [COPE]
It’s all happening at Swansea at the moment.
Swansea City pulled off a nice and quiet piece of business yesterday, capturing the signature of Bafetimbi Gomis from Lyon.
The acquisition of Gomis now seems to be as a replacement for much-loved Spanish forward Michu, as Spanish radio station COPE are reporting on Saturday that Michu is on the verge of joining Napoli.
In a deal which has quietly crept up from nowhere, COPE report that Michu, who missed massive chunks of last season with injury, has passed a medical to join Rafa Benitez’s Napoli this summer.
It now seems certain that the 28-year-old will move to Naples, although COPE also detail that Atletico Madrid are interested in the forward too.
Michu has scored 20 goals for Swansea in 52 games.
- Updated: June 28, 2014