Swansea striker Michu has passed a medical to join Napoli, deal imminent [COPE]
It’s all happening at Swansea at the moment.
Swansea City pulled off a nice and quiet piece of business yesterday, capturing the signature of Bafetimbi Gomis from Lyon.
The acquisition of Gomis now seems to be as a replacement for much-loved Spanish forward Michu, as Spanish radio station COPE are reporting on Saturday that Michu is on the verge of joining Napoli.
In a deal which has quietly crept up from nowhere, COPE report that Michu, who missed massive chunks of last season with injury, has passed a medical to join Rafa Benitez’s Napoli this summer.
It now seems certain that the 28-year-old will move to Naples, although COPE also detail that Atletico Madrid are interested in the forward too.
Michu has scored 20 goals for Swansea in 52 games.
Watch Live Stream
- Mad: Napoli try to sign Tottenham’s Harry Kane [Di Marzio]August 25, 2016
- Eliaquim Mangala’s Man City departure should see Chelsea finally land a defender [Times]August 24, 2016
- Chelsea up their offer for Napoli’s Kalidou Koulibaly [Gazzetta dello Sport]August 23, 2016
- Gonzalo Higuain sends thank you message to Napoli fans [Instagram]August 19, 2016
- Swansea confirm record £15.5m signing from Atletico Madrid; Borja Baston interviewed (Video)August 11, 2016
- Swansea post legendary Ashley Williams tribute video following move to Everton (Video)August 10, 2016
- Updates on Ashley Williams’ move from Swansea to Everton [Express]August 9, 2016
- West Ham spent a club record transfer fee to sign Andre Ayew from SwanseaAugust 8, 2016