Swansea place “very serious” bid for Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony [Ad.nl]
- June 25, 2013
With news in the English press today that Newcastle are interested in signing Ivorian striker Wilfried Bony, Dutch website Ad.nl claim Swansea have already bid for the Vitesse forward.
Whilst the size of Swansea’s offer is unknown, Ad.nl describe it as a “very, very serious bid.”
After a fine spell at Vitesse in the Eredivisie, where he has scored 46 goals in 63 games, Bony is eager to test himself in the Premier League and is already planning to leave Holland.
Reports in Holland today suggest Vitesse may accept the Swansea bid for Bony which means Newcastle and Everton, who have also been linked, would have to move quickly.
Bony, currently on holiday in Paris has also been rumoured to have interested Guus Hiddink at Anzhi Makhachkala but the striker labelled the “new Didier Drogba” has his heart set on the Premier League.
At just 24, Bony seems like one of the obvious signings for a Premier League side this summer and at Swansea could bring an alternative goal threat to Michu, who was so superb in his first season at the club.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi