- Man United fan campaign succeeds after Liverpool remove Mario Balotelli from POTY poll
- The top ten goals from round 32 of La Liga, featuring Antoine Griezmann overhead [Video]
- The goal of the night award goes to Clarence Seedorf [Video]
- Saint Etienne All-Stars beat Ronaldo, Zidane and friends 9-7 in epic charity match [Highlights]
- Ronaldo sends crowd wild with no-look pass to fellow Real Madrid old boy Zidane [Video]
Swansea place “very serious” bid for Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony [Ad.nl]
- June 25, 2013
With news in the English press today that Newcastle are interested in signing Ivorian striker Wilfried Bony, Dutch website Ad.nl claim Swansea have already bid for the Vitesse forward.
Whilst the size of Swansea’s offer is unknown, Ad.nl describe it as a “very, very serious bid.”
After a fine spell at Vitesse in the Eredivisie, where he has scored 46 goals in 63 games, Bony is eager to test himself in the Premier League and is already planning to leave Holland.
Reports in Holland today suggest Vitesse may accept the Swansea bid for Bony which means Newcastle and Everton, who have also been linked, would have to move quickly.
Bony, currently on holiday in Paris has also been rumoured to have interested Guus Hiddink at Anzhi Makhachkala but the striker labelled the “new Didier Drogba” has his heart set on the Premier League.
At just 24, Bony seems like one of the obvious signings for a Premier League side this summer and at Swansea could bring an alternative goal threat to Michu, who was so superb in his first season at the club.