Swansea boss Laudrup turned down the PSG job as he was offered just a 1-year deal [Punto Pelota]
- June 14, 2013
Spanish TV show Punto Pelota reported on Thursday night that Swansea boss Michael Laudrup has turned down the opportunity to manage PSG.
Despite having the chance of working with like likes of Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Lucas Moura and Marco Verratti, Danish boss Laudrup has snubbed an approach from the mega-wealthy Parisians after only being offered a 1-year deal at the Parc de Princes.
According to Spanish journalist José Antonio Luque:
Laudrup said no to PSG on Tuesday. It’s true that there was an offer which coincided with problems surrounding Laudrup’s agent with Swansea. But Michael has spoken Welsh team and told them that he will continue. Laudrup has two year contract.
Laudrup was only offered a one season deal to start in Paris, which is risky. Moreover, Laudrup has important relationship with players at Swansea and he is trying to renew the contracts of the likes of Michu.
The news will comes as a big relief to Swansea fans who had feared their manager would walk out on the Liberty Stadium this summer, whilst it also signals the increasingly difficult problems facing PSG as the Ligue 1 champions struggle to find a replacement for Carlo Ancelotti who is primed to move to Real Madrid this summer.
José Antonio Luque’s report on the future of Swansea boss Laudrup, as recorded on Punto Pelota, can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...