Sunderland want to replace Simon Mignolet with Dutch U21 keeper Jeroen Zoet [AD.nl]
- June 17, 2013
Widespread reports in Holland this morning confirms Sunderland have scouted Holland Under-21 goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet at the European Championships in Israel.
With Sunderland number one Simon Mignolet poised to join Liverpool, Paolo Di Canio and his coaching staff are scouring the globe for a replacement.
A Sunderland delegation watched Zoet on Saturday night as Holland lost to Italy in the European Championship semi-final at Petach Tikva.
Zoet has impressed during loan spells at RKC Waalwijk but could leave PSV as he is behind first choice keeper Boy Waterman and substitute Przemysław Tyton.
Meanwhile Phillip Cocu is eager to bring back Heurelho Gomes back to Eindhoven.
Zoet, 22, could be a good solution for Sunderland and would likely be the main challenger to Kieren Westwood who was tipped to take over in goal for Paolo Di Canio’s side.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi