Sunderland want to replace Simon Mignolet with Dutch U21 keeper Jeroen Zoet [AD.nl]
- June 17, 2013
Widespread reports in Holland this morning confirms Sunderland have scouted Holland Under-21 goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet at the European Championships in Israel.
With Sunderland number one Simon Mignolet poised to join Liverpool, Paolo Di Canio and his coaching staff are scouring the globe for a replacement.
A Sunderland delegation watched Zoet on Saturday night as Holland lost to Italy in the European Championship semi-final at Petach Tikva.
Zoet has impressed during loan spells at RKC Waalwijk but could leave PSV as he is behind first choice keeper Boy Waterman and substitute Przemysław Tyton.
Meanwhile Phillip Cocu is eager to bring back Heurelho Gomes back to Eindhoven.
Zoet, 22, could be a good solution for Sunderland and would likely be the main challenger to Kieren Westwood who was tipped to take over in goal for Paolo Di Canio’s side.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...