Sunderland want to replace Simon Mignolet with Dutch U21 keeper Jeroen Zoet [AD.nl]
- June 17, 2013
Widespread reports in Holland this morning confirms Sunderland have scouted Holland Under-21 goalkeeper Jeroen Zoet at the European Championships in Israel.
With Sunderland number one Simon Mignolet poised to join Liverpool, Paolo Di Canio and his coaching staff are scouring the globe for a replacement.
A Sunderland delegation watched Zoet on Saturday night as Holland lost to Italy in the European Championship semi-final at Petach Tikva.
Zoet has impressed during loan spells at RKC Waalwijk but could leave PSV as he is behind first choice keeper Boy Waterman and substitute Przemysław Tyton.
Meanwhile Phillip Cocu is eager to bring back Heurelho Gomes back to Eindhoven.
Zoet, 22, could be a good solution for Sunderland and would likely be the main challenger to Kieren Westwood who was tipped to take over in goal for Paolo Di Canio’s side.
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...