- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Sunderland striker Jozy Altidore scores twice for USA v Nigeria, jokes abound
- Updated: June 8, 2014
It is fair to say, despite the fact Sunderland stayed up, that Jozy Altidore had another poor season in English football.
Altidore has a decent goal scoring record for the USA national team but in the Premier League struggled for goals at Sunderland and previously with Hull.
Before Saturday night, Altidore’s last goal came against Chelsea in a 4-3 defeat in early December.
And, it is fair to say Altidore was hardly banging in the goals before that game, notching just one Premier League goal all season.
So, Altidore’s brace, which can be seen on the videos above, was greeted with amusement by Sunderland fans, who will surely hope their USA front man gets his mojo back for the 2014/205 Premier League season.
Or, perhaps Gus Poyet will look to offload Altidore on the back of a fine World Cup in Brazil?
Nigeria have just allowed Altidore to score a brace. Right, go home Nigeria, no WC for you. Let's put in Burkina Faso in your place.
— Salim Masoud Said (@salimosaid) June 7, 2014
Altidore’s scored a goal. There’s a cellar underneath the building. Grab some tinned food and bottled water, better to be safe than sorry.
— Iain Macintosh (@iainmacintosh) June 7, 2014
Jozy Altidore has scored! A goal!
— Jonathan Wilson (@jonawils) June 7, 2014
We're so good even Altidore can score.
— FG (@FunnyGooner) June 7, 2014
Jozy Altidore's goalless drought (club and country) ends at 185 days.
— Jerrad Peters (@jerradpeters) June 7, 2014
Holy jaysus Altidore scored twice last night! Ireland might just get a late call in as the 33rd team #StrangeThingsHappening
— Dean Arrowsmith (@pingudean) June 8, 2014
Wish we'd signed that altidore fella from the USA ~ can't stop scoring
— Lee (@SAFCBear) June 8, 2014
Pleased for Jozy Altidore to get back on goal trail. Timely confidence boost. Outstanding displays from Bradley and Johnson in USA win.
— Ian Darke (@IanDarke) June 8, 2014