Sunderland sign Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea (‘undisclosed fee’)
- July 25, 2014
— Sunderland AFC (@SunderlandAFC) July 25, 2014
Sunderland have signed left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chselsea.
I say ‘Chelsea’, but the Dutch international’s link to Jose Mourinho’s side has been purely theoretical, having been one of Chelsea’s vast loan colony sprawled across Europe, clustered mostly at Vitesse Arnhem.
After signing for Chelsea in 2009, Van Aanholt was sent out on loan for 5 successive seasons, and made just two Premier League appearances for The Blues.
Van Aanholt becomes the Black Cats’ fourth summer signing, with Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez already arriving on Wearside.
No figure has been provided on van Aanholt’s Sunderland move.
Yet another ‘undisclosed fee’…
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Chelsea loanee Dom Solanke scores first goal in professional football for Vitesse (Video)
- Gary Neville: Chelsea’s players need a slap around the face, Branislav Ivanovic c...
- Jose Mourinho: Crystal Palace were lucky & singles out 1 Chelsea player (video)
- Yannick Bolasie posts classy Instagram post after Crystal Palace win at Chelsea
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...