Sunderland sign Patrick van Aanholt from Chelsea (‘undisclosed fee’)
- July 25, 2014
— Sunderland AFC (@SunderlandAFC) July 25, 2014
Sunderland have signed left-back Patrick van Aanholt from Chselsea.
I say ‘Chelsea’, but the Dutch international’s link to Jose Mourinho’s side has been purely theoretical, having been one of Chelsea’s vast loan colony sprawled across Europe, clustered mostly at Vitesse Arnhem.
After signing for Chelsea in 2009, Van Aanholt was sent out on loan for 5 successive seasons, and made just two Premier League appearances for The Blues.
Van Aanholt becomes the Black Cats’ fourth summer signing, with Billy Jones, Costel Pantilimon and Jordi Gomez already arriving on Wearside.
No figure has been provided on van Aanholt’s Sunderland move.
Yet another ‘undisclosed fee’…
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Bemused Chelsea fans react to reports of potential £15m bid for Tottenham’s Danny...
- Chelsea’s Dom Solanke begins training with Vitesse ahead of a loan move [Picture]
- Rio Ferdinand advises John Stones to pick Manchester United over Chelsea
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Rubbing it in on Chelsea: Arsenal fans already have a Petr Cech chant (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi