Sunderland secretly fined for fielding ineligible Ji Dong-Won in 5 matches but Makems avoid points deduction [Sun]
- April 4, 2014
The Sun have an EXCLUSIVE on Friday involving Sunderland and the incredible story of how the Black Cats illegally fielded the ineligible Ji Dong-Won in five matches this season.
Sunderland have been secretly fined for fielding an ’ineligible’ player FIVE times despite raising the cock-up themselves with the Premier League.
SunSport can reveal the Mackems played Ji Dong-Won in four top-flight matches, one of which earned them a point against Southampton.
22-year-old South Korea striker Ji joined Sunderland in 2011 before being sent out on loan to German club Augsburg last season. According to fresh revelations, when Ji returned to the Stadium of Light the Black Cats needed to receive international clearance before the forward could play again. That clearance never came.
The whole incident is said to have come to light after random drug testers exposed the Sunderland foul-up.
The FA’s rule book states that in such scenarios of fielding ineligible players, clubs shall be sanctioned with a points deduction. That, for some reason, hasn’t happened on this occasion.
Moreover, under the letter of the Premier League and FA laws, Southampton and the MK Dons both have the right to have their matches against Sunderland replayed as on both occasions Ji scored for the Black Cats in the respective Premier League and FA Cup matches.
The Daily Mail have reported that Sunderland club secretary Liz Coley has been scapegoated for the screw-up with losing her job.
Reports now claim that Sunderland have been secretly fined a substantial amount of money, haven’t that precise figure is unknown.
Sunderland are currently second bottom of the Premier League.
- Watch Fabio Borini’s 1st interview after completing his Sunderland move from Live...
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Sunderland’s Wes Brown gets into a confrontation on the street, fan shouts “...
- Tim Sherwood laughs hard at a Dick joke post Aston Villa 2 – Sunderland 2 (video)
- Sunderland 6 – Exeter 3: Jermain Defoe hat-trick gives Black Cats some joy (Highl...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...