Sunderland & Liverpool’s Fabio Borini collapsed unconscious at halftime at Cardiff, rushed to hospital
— Ryan Nolan (@NobbyNolano) December 28, 2013
Football fans were issued with some distressing news during the second half of Cardiff match with Sunderland on Saturday night in the Premier League.
Sunderland striker Fabio Borini, on loan at the Stadium of Light from Liverpool, was replaced at halftime by Stephen Fletcher in something of a surprise move.
Not long after the reason behind the substitution was made clear, as Sky Sports reported that the Liverpool forward had collapsed unconscious in the tunnel after complaining that he felt sick in the first half, and immediately the Italian was rushed to hospital.
Sky Sports later updated viewers that the Sunderland forward since regained consciousness, and his was on a drip under medical supervision.
22-year-old Borini had struggled at Sunderland this season, scoring one goal in 14 matches for the Wearsiders.
Liverpool signed Borini for €11.3m from Roma in July 2012.
- Sunderland’s Fabio Borini says ex Liverpool man Mario Balotelli is the best he...
- Watch Fabio Borini’s 1st interview after completing his Sunderland move from Live...
- Sunderland rescue Fabio Borini from Liverpool nightmare in £10 million deal
- Liverpool & Sunderland fans make plenty of jokes on Fabio Borini’s potential...
- Ex-Liverpool man Djibril Cisse arrested over alleged sextape blackmail of Mathieu Valbu...
- Bizarre: A toilet in Moscow seems to be a massive Liverpool fan (Video)
- New Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp looking to move into Brendan Rodgers’ apartment
- Barcelona legend Xavi reveals the 2 Premier League clubs he would have liked to play for
- Gladbach U21 striker Marlon Ritter scored a seriously good free kick versus Sunderland ...
- Sunderland’s Josh Maja delivers a brilliant showboat assist v Man United U18s (Video)
- Sunderland appoint ‘Big’ Sam Allardyce as manager
- EPL Wacky Races: Arsenal shoot down Man United, the end for Brendan Rodgers & Dick...