Sunderland & Liverpool’s Fabio Borini collapsed unconscious at halftime at Cardiff, rushed to hospital
- December 28, 2013
— Ryan Nolan (@NobbyNolano) December 28, 2013
Football fans were issued with some distressing news during the second half of Cardiff match with Sunderland on Saturday night in the Premier League.
Sunderland striker Fabio Borini, on loan at the Stadium of Light from Liverpool, was replaced at halftime by Stephen Fletcher in something of a surprise move.
Not long after the reason behind the substitution was made clear, as Sky Sports reported that the Liverpool forward had collapsed unconscious in the tunnel after complaining that he felt sick in the first half, and immediately the Italian was rushed to hospital.
Sky Sports later updated viewers that the Sunderland forward since regained consciousness, and his was on a drip under medical supervision.
22-year-old Borini had struggled at Sunderland this season, scoring one goal in 14 matches for the Wearsiders.
Liverpool signed Borini for €11.3m from Roma in July 2012.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...