Sunday Times: Real Madrid to join Arsenal in race for Luis Suarez if they can’t get Gareth Bale
- July 28, 2013
Increasingly, it looks like Real Madrid could well play the leading role when it comes to the immediate futures of Gareth Bale and Luis Suarez.
Thereby having an impact on Tottenham, Liverpool and Arsenal and subsequently the race for the top four and perhaps even the Premier League title next season.
According to some of the most read, free websites, from the Sunday papers today: Arsenal are set to increase their bid for Luis Suarez (to 42.5 million pounds) and Spurs have rejected a massive offer for Gareth Bale, believed to have been more than the current world record transfer fee.
With Luis Suarez publicly courting a move away from Liverpool, citing their lack of Champions League football and Gareth Bale now “distraught” (according to The Guardian) at being denied a move to the Bernabeu, it is easy to see the Uruguayan at Arsenal and the Welshman at Real Madrid come the start of 2013/2014.
Yet, behind the Sunday Times paywall, the trusted broadsheet are claiming an altogether different interpretation of the big two transfer sagas of the summer.
Ian Hawkey writes, as can be seen below on the image pulled from the Sunday Times (via Liverpool reddit) that Real Madrid will move for Suarez as they are struggling to sign Gareth Bale.
So, if Suarez does move to Real Madrid. And, Bale remains at Spurs. Then, what next for Arsenal?
The 20 best goalkeepers in the world, according to 101 Great Goals
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...