Sunday Telegraph: Newcastle in £12m bid for Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony
- January 26, 2013
If this deal proves accurate, Newcastle fans should start getting excited.
The Sunday Telegraph splashes with news that the Magpies are closing in on a £12m transfer of Vitesse striker Wilfried Bony.
Bony is arguably the hottest centre-forward currently available in Europe.
Bony has been almost untouchable in the Eredivisie this season. The 24-year-old Ivorian striker currently leads the Dutch scoring charts with 16 goals in 18 games, which included a memorable hat-trick against Heerenveen back in October.
According to the Telegraph, “Vitesse Arhnem have said the Bony can leave on the right terms, although the move may well have to wait till the summer.” The Telegraph also link Liverpool, Chelsea and West Ham to Bony, nevertheless Newcastle are reported to be the only Premier League ready to show their hand this January.
If Alan Pardew could land Bony for £12m then the Toon could be buying a bargain. Pacey, deadly in front of goal, and a natural number nine, Bony has all the attributes necessary to parachute into the Premier League and start scoring from the get-go.
A recent scouting report on Wilfried Bony can be seen below.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...