Sunday Star say Arsenal chase Man United’s Chris Smalling for £13 million, story seems lifted from Goal.com
- April 19, 2014
The Sunday Star appear to have lifted a spurious transfer story straight off of Goal.com to pass it off as their own scoop in their Sunday tabloid.
According to the Star, Arsenal are getting ready for an £13 million bid for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling.
Paul Hetherington, a man who always seems wide of the mark, wrote on his backpage splash:
Arsenal will make a shock £13 million move for Man United defender Chris Smalling in the summer. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a long term admirer of the England star, 24.
The Star’s story seems to be a carbon copy lift-job from an article on Goal.com – who themselves are usually doubted to be a trustful source – on Friday.
In Paul Clennam’s exclusive 24-hours earlier, the online writer claimed:
Arsenal are willing to step in and pay up to £12 million for Smalling, whose current £52,000-a-week salary would fit comfortably into the Londoners’ rigid wage structure.
The Gunners have identified the England man as a potential replacement for Bacary Sagna, who is out of contract in the summer and is yet to commit his future to the club amid interest from Liverpool, Manchester City, Inter and Monaco.
- Arsene Wenger has £42m to splash out on a striker; Karim Benzema tops his list [Cadena ...
- A week after Chuba Akpom said he wanted to stay at Arsenal, he joins Hull on loan (Pict...
- Arsenal stars like Petr Cech & Olivier Giroud photobomb unsuspecting fans (Officia...
- Arsenal have shown interest in €21m rated Real Madrid starlet Denis Cheryshev [AS]
- See why Arsenal are intent on signing Joao Virginia from Benfica (Video evidence)
- Arsene Wenger and Arsenal take celebratory selfies after beating Chelsea (Parody Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi