- Some examples of Diego Costa’s history for violence in one well-made infographic [Picture]
- Quality fan footage vine of Christian Eriksen’s free-kick v Sheffield United
- Chelsea appear to have a clear advantage with the fixture list in the build-up to the Capital One Cup final
- Andrea Pirlo’s quality skills v Parma for Juventus in the Coppa Italia [GIF]
- USA coach Jurgen Klinsmann backheels TWO balls at the same time! [GIF]
Sunday Star say Arsenal chase Man United’s Chris Smalling for £13 million, story seems lifted from Goal.com
The Sunday Star appear to have lifted a spurious transfer story straight off of Goal.com to pass it off as their own scoop in their Sunday tabloid.
According to the Star, Arsenal are getting ready for an £13 million bid for Manchester United defender Chris Smalling.
Paul Hetherington, a man who always seems wide of the mark, wrote on his backpage splash:
Arsenal will make a shock £13 million move for Man United defender Chris Smalling in the summer. Gunners boss Arsene Wenger is a long term admirer of the England star, 24.
The Star’s story seems to be a carbon copy lift-job from an article on Goal.com – who themselves are usually doubted to be a trustful source – on Friday.
In Paul Clennam’s exclusive 24-hours earlier, the online writer claimed:
Arsenal are willing to step in and pay up to £12 million for Smalling, whose current £52,000-a-week salary would fit comfortably into the Londoners’ rigid wage structure.
The Gunners have identified the England man as a potential replacement for Bacary Sagna, who is out of contract in the summer and is yet to commit his future to the club amid interest from Liverpool, Manchester City, Inter and Monaco.
- Updated: April 19, 2014