The Sunday Mirror claim Spurs want Marco Reus, cue plenty of Twitter jokes…
- January 19, 2014
Steve Stammers in the Sunday Mirror appears to have produced the biggest porky of all the transfer gossip on Sunday.
Apparently, Tottenham are tracking Borussia Dortmund’s attacking midfielder Marco Reus.
According to Stammers: “Tottenham will compete for German star Marco Reus this summer. The Borussia Dortmund midfield player is a target for both Manchester United and Arsenal and his value is around £28million. But Tottenham will enter the race if Dortmund decide to cash in on his talents.”
Stammers continues his embarrassing article: “Spurs boss Tim Sherwood must first ease the wage bill at White Hart Lane and several of last summer’s buys will be up for grabs at the end of the season.”
Now, we don’t doubt that Tottenham could afford 28 million pounds for Reus – we seriously doubt Borussia Dortmund will be selling one of their star assets after losing Mario Gotze and Robert Lewandowski over the past year.
If Reus were to leave Borussia, it would be for a fee much higher than 28 million pounds and to a much bigger club than Spurs.
Twitter lit up with some amusing jokes after the Sunday Mirror linked Marco Reus with a hugely unlikely move to Spurs.
Tottenham and Marco Reus in the same sentence. K.
— Fahmeeda (@BelaVida17) January 19, 2014
Steve Sammers actually wrote that piece. Tottenham will compete to sign Marco Reus. Yeah, in football manager maybe.
— Ross Anderson (@rosssaanderson) January 19, 2014
Daily mirror seriously suggesting Marco Reus would go to tottenham, in other news I've just set the 100m world record
— Lee Tomlinson (@LTomlinson10) January 19, 2014
Tottenham want Marco Reus? Bless them. That's like saying people would like to date Mila Kunis Not going to happen
— GoonerChris1886 (@GoonerChris1886) January 18, 2014
If Marco Reus joins Tottenham then I will video myself burning my Özil shirt & buying a Spurs' one. RT if you want, it will NEVER HAPPEN :)
— UberArsenal (@UberAFC) January 18, 2014
Does Marco Reus even know who Tottenham Hotspur are?
— Wesley Fucking Brown (@lewisinho) January 18, 2014
Marco Reus doesn't even know who Tottenham is bruv. Why would he go there. Some irrelevant team.
— Frank Lucas (@tajtastic) January 18, 2014
If Tottenham sign Marco Reus i promise to shave every hair my scrotum has grown and eat them in a sandwich…
— Hamdawg (@hamdawg_) January 18, 2014
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang wins plaudits for signing Dortmund deal in snazzy attire (Pic...
- Off to Arsenal or Liverpool? Marco Reus was with his agent at Heathrow airport on Tuesd...
- Mats Hummels knows who ate all the pies at Borussia Dortmund last season
- Marco Reus runs the length of the pitch, nutmegs Bonucci and scores solo beauty (Video)
- Dortmund’s Aubameyang finishes off brilliant counter-attack versus Juventus (Video)
- Tottenham join Arsenal in race for 26-year-old striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang [Franc...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi