Such Hipsters! Borussia Dortmund recycle old Mario Götze shirts, overlay Mkhitaryan’s name & charge €29
German newspaper Bild have reported on a new product available in the Borussia Dortmund megastore.
Last summer BVB sold German international Mario Götze to rivals Bayern Munich, and that sale caused a problem for Dortmund’s merchandise department who were stocked up with Götze jerseys.
Now everyone’s favourite hipster football club have come up with a nifty way to recycle those unwanted shirts: they’ve stuck big yellow stickers on the back of the shirts with new striker Henrikh Mkhitaryan’s name on it, and they are flogging those shirts for a cut-price €29.
The shirts usual retail for €84.95.
A couple of pictures evidencing Borussia Dortmund’s hipster plan to recycle old Mario Götze shirts are below.
Watch Live Stream
- Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang thanks Cristiano Ronaldo for match shirt [Instagram]September 28, 2016
- Dortmund starlet Emre Mor thanks Cristiano Ronaldo on Instagram after UCL clashSeptember 28, 2016
- Real Madrid stars spotted discussing Keylor Navas’ error at half time of Dortmund match (video)September 28, 2016
- Cristiano Ronaldo accused of kicking out at Marcel Schmelzer [Tweets]September 28, 2016
- Claims surface that Paul Pogba & Henrikh Mkhitaryan are struggling at Man UnitedSeptember 14, 2016
- Manchester United boss to drop Mkhitaryan and Lingard for their derby no-showsSeptember 11, 2016
- Worrying news for Man United’s Henrikh MkhitaryanSeptember 10, 2016
- Man United fans see the sense in starting Mkhitaryan and Lingard against Man City [Tweets]September 10, 2016
- Bromance: A happy Marco Reus welcomes Mario Gotze back to Dortmund on TwitterJuly 21, 2016
- Mario Gotze celebrates move from Bayern back to Borussia Dortmund [Facebook]July 21, 2016
- Done Deal: Mario Gotze returns to Borussia Dortmund from Bayern MunichJuly 21, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund agree terms with Bayern for Mario Gotze [Süddeutsche Zeitung]July 20, 2016