- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Sub Mario Götze scored Bayern’s opener against ex-employer Borussia Dortmund, didn’t celebrate
- Updated: November 23, 2013
It was one of the biggest transfer deals last summer.
On the 22nd of April 2013, German newspaper Bild stunned Borussia Dortmund fans by telling them that Bayern Munich had signed Mario Götze for 37 million euros.
While the transfer fee was no-doubt sizable, it did little to appease the BVB faithful.
Dortmund were powerless to stop Götze leaving with Bayern activating the release clause in his current contract, while Götze upped his wages to seven million euros per season.
On Saturday night, in the biggest match in the Bundesliga calendar, Götze rammed home a dagger in the hearts of his former beloved by coming off the bench in the second half to score Bayern’s winner at Dortmund in Der Klassiker.
Götze arrowed a neat shot into the far corner of the net, but after scoring such an important goal against Bayern’s biggest rivals the forward noticeably did not celebrate.
Götze’s non goal celebration came after Dortmund fans showered the forward with boos as he replace Mario Mandzukic, while a load of anti-Götze banners were also spotted in the crowd.
Moreover, Götze warmed up for the match in the Borussia tunnel as the German international seemed too scared to face the criticism the BVB may have pelted him with.
Watch Mario Götze get booed as he came on the pitch plus footage of Götze’s opener for Bayern below.