Struggling Sunderland close in on the appointment of ex-Brighton manager Gus Poyet [Di Marzio]
- September 30, 2013
It’s now been eight days since Sunderland parted company with controversial Italian manager Paolo Di Canio.
One point from their first six games has left them rooted to the bottom of the table, and the boardroom want to appoint a new manager as soon as possible.
According to Gianluca Di Marzio, (who broke the Di Canio sacking first), ex-Brighton manager Gus Poyet could be appointed as soon as tomorrow.
The Uruguyan ex-Chelsea star worked wonders last season, taking Brighton to the play-offs before leaving the club under a cloud.
Di Marzio claims Poyet is the most likely candidate for the job and he could be in the hot seat within the next 24 hours.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi