Struggling Sunderland close in on the appointment of ex-Brighton manager Gus Poyet [Di Marzio]
- September 30, 2013
It’s now been eight days since Sunderland parted company with controversial Italian manager Paolo Di Canio.
One point from their first six games has left them rooted to the bottom of the table, and the boardroom want to appoint a new manager as soon as possible.
According to Gianluca Di Marzio, (who broke the Di Canio sacking first), ex-Brighton manager Gus Poyet could be appointed as soon as tomorrow.
The Uruguyan ex-Chelsea star worked wonders last season, taking Brighton to the play-offs before leaving the club under a cloud.
Di Marzio claims Poyet is the most likely candidate for the job and he could be in the hot seat within the next 24 hours.
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...