- Ajax thrashed at home! Vitesse win 4-0 in the KNVB Beker [Official Highlights]
- Juventus ease to 3-1 win at Cagliari [Highlights]
- Liverpool target Aston Villa’s Fabian Delph as Steven Gerrard replacement [Mirror]
- Eden Hazard agrees £52m Chelsea deal taking him through to 2020 [Sun]
- FC United of Manchester sing songs for Eric Cantona and The Busby Babes [Video]
Stoke & Bosnia goalkeeper Asmir Begovic assesses Brazil v Germany on The Guardian’s World Cup Show
It wasn’t a good World Cup for Bosnia at all. Football fans had high hopes for the debutants, thinking that they might spring a surprise.
Unfortunately it wasn’t to be, but the blame for that disappointment can hardly fall on the shoulders of Asmir Begovic.
The Stoke goalkeeper is one of his side’s most trusted players and fought nobly, particularly against Nigeria, in the tournament.
Here Begovic appears on the Guardian’s World Cup Show with host Nat Coombs to assess the World Cup semi-final between Brazil and Germany as well as discuss some talking points from the tournament, including Tim Krul’s penalty shoot-out antics.
- Updated: July 7, 2014