- Schalke’s Dennis Aogo has volunteered getting food to the needy for Xmas with his mum [Pictures]
- Rio Ferdinand dresses as Santa, tells people not to drink too much over Christmas [Instagram]
- The FIFA 2015 HONEST trailer is Awesome!!! [Video]
- Louis van Gaal’s Christmas message features some cracking recent Man United goals!
- Neymar bleaches his beard white for Christmas!
Still Got it! Ivan Zamorano & Cafu score golazos in exhibition matches over the weekend
Ivan Zamorano and Cafu hit the headlines over the weekend scoring golazos in a couple of friendly matches in South America.
A ton of stars turned up in Santa Fe on Saturday night for the testimonial for Argentine striker Bichi Fuertes, who is best known for playing the majority of his career up-front for Colon.
Those involved included Andres D’Alessandro, Martin Palermo and David Nalbandian, whilst Chilean legend Ivan Zamorano was also a huge-name draw at the event. Moreover, Zamorano scored a stunner in the match.
Zamorano, now 45, got on the scoresheet early in the second half with a 20-yard first-time daisycutter which nestled into the bottom corner of the net.
In Brazil on Saturday another exhibition match drew out the aging stars.
Amigos do Caio versus Amigos do Deco saw the likes of Roque Júnior, Juninho Paulista, and Denilson put on their football boots for charity, whilst former Brazilian right-back Cafu also made an appearance at the event.
42-year-old Cafu scored the goal of the game with a brilliant, cheeky chip that floated over the keeper into the net.
Watch Cafu’s golazo below.
- Updated: December 24, 2012