- Leo Messi unhappy that Barcelona haven’t lobbied for him to win Ballon D’Or [MARCA]
- Liverpool planning January move for West Brom’s Saido Berahino [Mail]
- Barcelona boss Luis Enrique: ‘There is no ‘Messi Case’, Leo is happy here’ [Video]
- Darren Fletcher makes fun of Ashley Young’s diving in Manchester United Q&A for Chevrolet
- Real Madrid’s James Rodriguez poses in his underwear for modelling photo shoot [Video]
Still Got it! Ivan Zamorano & Cafu score golazos in exhibition matches over the weekend
Ivan Zamorano and Cafu hit the headlines over the weekend scoring golazos in a couple of friendly matches in South America.
A ton of stars turned up in Santa Fe on Saturday night for the testimonial for Argentine striker Bichi Fuertes, who is best known for playing the majority of his career up-front for Colon.
Those involved included Andres D’Alessandro, Martin Palermo and David Nalbandian, whilst Chilean legend Ivan Zamorano was also a huge-name draw at the event. Moreover, Zamorano scored a stunner in the match.
Zamorano, now 45, got on the scoresheet early in the second half with a 20-yard first-time daisycutter which nestled into the bottom corner of the net.
In Brazil on Saturday another exhibition match drew out the aging stars.
Amigos do Caio versus Amigos do Deco saw the likes of Roque Júnior, Juninho Paulista, and Denilson put on their football boots for charity, whilst former Brazilian right-back Cafu also made an appearance at the event.
42-year-old Cafu scored the goal of the game with a brilliant, cheeky chip that floated over the keeper into the net.
Watch Cafu’s golazo below.
- Updated: December 24, 2012