Still Got it! Ivan Zamorano & Cafu score golazos in exhibition matches over the weekend
- December 24, 2012
Ivan Zamorano and Cafu hit the headlines over the weekend scoring golazos in a couple of friendly matches in South America.
A ton of stars turned up in Santa Fe on Saturday night for the testimonial for Argentine striker Bichi Fuertes, who is best known for playing the majority of his career up-front for Colon.
Those involved included Andres D’Alessandro, Martin Palermo and David Nalbandian, whilst Chilean legend Ivan Zamorano was also a huge-name draw at the event. Moreover, Zamorano scored a stunner in the match.
Zamorano, now 45, got on the scoresheet early in the second half with a 20-yard first-time daisycutter which nestled into the bottom corner of the net.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”280391″]
In Brazil on Saturday another exhibition match drew out the aging stars.
Amigos do Caio versus Amigos do Deco saw the likes of Roque Júnior, Juninho Paulista, and Denilson put on their football boots for charity, whilst former Brazilian right-back Cafu also made an appearance at the event.
42-year-old Cafu scored the goal of the game with a brilliant, cheeky chip that floated over the keeper into the net.
Watch Cafu’s golazo below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”280393″]
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...