Still got it!!! Gabriel Batistuta scored a trademark goal last night in a charity match
- May 20, 2014
For many, Gabriel Batistuta is the quintessential Argentine striker.
Batistuta was an attacker of great power who simply banged in goals left, right and centre during a stunning playing career, predominantly for Fiorentina in Italy.
On Monday evening, Batistuta, now 45, took part in a match called “La Partita del Cuore” – where the Italian national team of singers take on a group of ex professionals.
The likes of Luca Toni, Antonio Di Natale and Rino Gattuso took part but Batistuta stole the show with this goal within seconds of the game kicking off.
Batistuta later followed up with another goal later in the game, from much closer in – it can also be seen on the video below.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]