Still Got It! Eidur Gudjohnsen scores a quality goal for Cercle Brugge v Genk
- November 18, 2012
The last time we featured Icelandic legend Eidur Gudjohnsen on the site the striker was struggling to find a team to sign with.
During a match in September in the United States, Eidur Gudjohnsen scored a backheel golazo for Seattle Sounders reserve against Chivas USA. Gudjohnsen, however, was unable to secure a contract with the Sounders due to work permit issues, and he has since turned up in Belgium as the newest forward for Cercle Brugge.
Since turning up at Cercle Brugge, Gudjohnsen has experienced a renaissance of goalscoring form.
The Iceman, now 34, has bagged an amazing five goals in seven matches in the Jupiler League, with his latest strike coming on Saturday in a 3-1 victory over Genk.
His goal against Genk was a beauty.
With the scores locked a 1-apiece in the 80th minute, Gudjohnsen won possession on the halfway line and then only had one thing on his mind. Whizzing (yes, it’s true!) past two opponents, Gudjohnsen carried the ball upfield to the edge of the Genk box, before he played a 1-2, beat another Genk player, and stroke a neat shot into the net.
He’s still got it!
Watch Eidur Gudjohnsen golazo versus Genk below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”260233″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi