- Spurs boss Pochettino says there’s more to come from 30-goal Harry Kane [Video]
- Bayern’s Sebastian Rode does a Reverse Robben v Hoffenheim [Video]
- Brendan Rodgers amazingly suggests Liverpool were overawed by occasion v Aston Villa [Video]
- Leo Messi takes to tattooing, draws his number 10 on famous ink artist [Pictures]
- Jose Mourinho’s prophecy about Ander Herrera’s dive ultimately came true [Video]
Still Got It! Eidur Gudjohnsen scores a quality goal for Cercle Brugge v Genk
- November 18, 2012
The last time we featured Icelandic legend Eidur Gudjohnsen on the site the striker was struggling to find a team to sign with.
During a match in September in the United States, Eidur Gudjohnsen scored a backheel golazo for Seattle Sounders reserve against Chivas USA. Gudjohnsen, however, was unable to secure a contract with the Sounders due to work permit issues, and he has since turned up in Belgium as the newest forward for Cercle Brugge.
Since turning up at Cercle Brugge, Gudjohnsen has experienced a renaissance of goalscoring form.
The Iceman, now 34, has bagged an amazing five goals in seven matches in the Jupiler League, with his latest strike coming on Saturday in a 3-1 victory over Genk.
His goal against Genk was a beauty.
With the scores locked a 1-apiece in the 80th minute, Gudjohnsen won possession on the halfway line and then only had one thing on his mind. Whizzing (yes, it’s true!) past two opponents, Gudjohnsen carried the ball upfield to the edge of the Genk box, before he played a 1-2, beat another Genk player, and stroke a neat shot into the net.
He’s still got it!
Watch Eidur Gudjohnsen golazo versus Genk below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”260233″]