Still Got It! Eidur Gudjohnsen scores a backheel golazo for Seattle Sounders reserves v Chivas USA
- September 10, 2012
This may prove to be the only goal Eidur Gudjohnsen ever scores in America.
The 33-year-old Icelandic legend has been training with the Seattle Sounders for the past few days, and on Sunday Gudjohnsen finally got the chance to show his talents in a match between the Sounders reserves and their Chivas USA counterparts.
Seattle won the match 4-2, and the standout moment was a superb goal from Eidur Gudjohnsen to open the scoring.
In the 22nd minute Sammy Ochoa drilled a low cross across the Chivas box, and former Barcelona and Chelsea star Gudjohnsen converted with a cheeky backheel golazo.
Despite scoring, Gudjohnsen is set to leave the United States on Monday and few think he’l end up joining the Sounders as work permit issues mean that any deal would be time consuming and difficult to process.
Watch Eidur Gudjohnsen prove he’s still got it below.
[jwplayer config=”For-all-videos” mediaid=”260232″]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi