- Cristiano Ronaldo singled out Man United’s Chicharito for praise v Malaga [Video]
- PSV’s Marcel Brands says big teams are circling Memphis Depay. Man United & Spurs name-checked [VI]
- Chelsea’s stars & their wives attended Didier Drogba’s Charity Ball after the Man United game [Pictures]
- Former Liverpool keeper Diego Cavalieri horribly missed a penalty for Fluminense [Videos]
- Arsenal fans slam Wojciech Szczesny after the FA Cup win v Reading [Videos]
Still got it: David Trezeguet scores on River Plate debut
- January 20, 2012
“This is unique, great. It’s a very big emotion. Now the best thing is to make a big tournament. I’m happy. It is a pleasure to be here.” – David Trezeguet.
In scenes reminiscent of his former French striking partner Thierry Henry scoring on his return to Arsenal against Leeds, David Trezeguet has made an immediate impact in his first game for River Plate.
The 34-year-old striker, who last played in Argentina (where he grew up) in 1994, came off the bench in a Copa Ciudad match to score the second goal in River Plate’s 2-1 win over Racing.
Trezeguet was introduced with 20 minutes left and a further ten minutes later strode through on goal down the inside left channel before curling a quality finish in off the post. Cue pandemonium.