Steven Gerrard’s slip for Chelsea opener versus Liverpool could be THE moment of the PL season
- April 27, 2014
Steven Gerrard’s slip in the final seconds of the first half during Liverpool’s defeat to Chelsea will no doubt go down in Premier League folklore whatever happens in the title race from here.
Gerrard received a simple square pass from Mamadou Sakho and inexplicably slipped on the Anfield turf to allow Demba Ba in to put Chelsea 1-0 up.
Ba did well to finish from a long way out but the sight of Gerrard on his knees has already been seen in numerous Memes across social media.
And all after saying in the huddle after Liverpool’s win over Manchester City, “we do not let this slip!”
- Arsenal’s Petr Cech wants to play until he’s 40, bashes Chelsea Twitter tro...
- Chelsea will bid £8m for Asmir Begovic, as Stoke struggle to sign Xherdan Shaqiri [Tele...
- Newcastle fight the Black Cats to sign Chelsea’s Marco van Ginkel on loan [Voetba...
- New Petr Cech interview: On Mourinho, why he joined Arsenal & abuse from Chelsea f...
- Chelsea target Arda Turan expects to sign for Barcelona on Friday [Mundo Deportivo]
- Behind the scenes on Petr Cech’s first day at Arsenal [video]
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi