Steven Gerrard’s slip for Chelsea opener versus Liverpool could be THE moment of the PL season
- April 27, 2014
Steven Gerrard’s slip in the final seconds of the first half during Liverpool’s defeat to Chelsea will no doubt go down in Premier League folklore whatever happens in the title race from here.
Gerrard received a simple square pass from Mamadou Sakho and inexplicably slipped on the Anfield turf to allow Demba Ba in to put Chelsea 1-0 up.
Ba did well to finish from a long way out but the sight of Gerrard on his knees has already been seen in numerous Memes across social media.
And all after saying in the huddle after Liverpool’s win over Manchester City, “we do not let this slip!”
- Photoshoppers get Man United’s pitchfork-wielding Juan Mata to go on the rampage ...
- Bemused Chelsea fans react to reports of potential £15m bid for Tottenham’s Danny...
- Chelsea’s Dom Solanke begins training with Vitesse ahead of a loan move [Picture]
- Rio Ferdinand advises John Stones to pick Manchester United over Chelsea
- Hector Bellerin admits finally beating Chelsea is a weight off Arsenal’s shoulder...
- Rubbing it in on Chelsea: Arsenal fans already have a Petr Cech chant (Video)
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi