- Claude & Ty argue after Arsenal beat Reading to reach the FA Cup final [Arsenal Fan TV]
- Eden Hazard celebrated earning Chelsea an “important 3 points” v Man United [Official Video]
- Chelsea’s win marked the 25th consecutive year that Liverpool have mathematically failed to win the title
- The sad story of how Paulo Cesar sold his 1970 World Cup winners medal for cocaine [L’Equipe]
- Most of Man United’s Class of ’92 went out for dinner with Andy Cole on Saturday night [Picture]
Steven Gerrard set for new 3-year Liverpool deal worth £150,000 per week [Star]
- July 24, 2014
With Steven Gerrard’s current Liverpool deal expiring at the end of next season, Liverpool are set to offer their captain a new 3 year deal, as confirmed by manager Brendan Rodgers towards the end of last season.
The new deal will take the 34-year old Gerrard through to the age of 37, at which point he’s sure to retire, unless he feels he can manage a pre-retirement adventure in some far-flung destination.
Gerrard’s new deal will be worth £150,000 a week, according to the Star, which would be a £10,000 increase on his previous deal.
A nice pick-me-up after the low ebb of retiring from England duty.