Steven Gerrard set for new 3-year Liverpool deal worth £150,000 per week [Star]
- July 24, 2014
With Steven Gerrard’s current Liverpool deal expiring at the end of next season, Liverpool are set to offer their captain a new 3 year deal, as confirmed by manager Brendan Rodgers towards the end of last season.
The new deal will take the 34-year old Gerrard through to the age of 37, at which point he’s sure to retire, unless he feels he can manage a pre-retirement adventure in some far-flung destination.
Gerrard’s new deal will be worth £150,000 a week, according to the Star, which would be a £10,000 increase on his previous deal.
A nice pick-me-up after the low ebb of retiring from England duty.
- Twitter Meltdown: Ryan Babel makes seedy and sexist comment to female Liverpool fan, pu...
- Europa League Draw: Liverpool & Tottenham get relatively easy groups
- Lazar Markovic set to quit Liverpool this season to move to Turkey on loan [Echo]
- Luis Suarez names his favourite Premier League player, and it’s a former Liverpoo...
- Mario Balotelli didn’t know one of his Liverpool teammates despite having played ...
- Jordon Ibe scores his own volley at Liverpool training (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...