Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge post Instagram videos showing how Liverpool’s players fared in the batting cages
- July 24, 2014
Liverpool’s stars got to swing a baseball bat at Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox, after their game with AS Roma. The two massive teams share the same owner in John Henry.
It wasn’t a good night for Liverpool as they fell to defeat against AS Roma in a pre-season friendly, defeated by a stoppage time Marco Borriello goal.
But Steven Gerrard, Daniel Sturridge and company were given the opportunity to take out their frustrations in the batting cages.
The video above was posted by Liverpool’s captain, Gerrard adding the caption: “Baseball practice at Fenway park. Home run #bostonredsoxs #boom”
While below you can see Daniel Sturridge’s footage of Glen Johnson’s best attempts. He wrote: “Baseball at the Boston Red Sox batting practice. Who was the best. Top left – Glen Johnson. Top right – Stevie G or bottom left – Pepe Reina. Kept myself out the firing line. Fair play to the guys that do it. Not as easy as it looks!!”
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...