- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Steven Gerrard and Daniel Sturridge post Instagram videos showing how Liverpool’s players fared in the batting cages
Liverpool’s stars got to swing a baseball bat at Fenway Park, the home of the Boston Red Sox, after their game with AS Roma. The two massive teams share the same owner in John Henry.
It wasn’t a good night for Liverpool as they fell to defeat against AS Roma in a pre-season friendly, defeated by a stoppage time Marco Borriello goal.
But Steven Gerrard, Daniel Sturridge and company were given the opportunity to take out their frustrations in the batting cages.
The video above was posted by Liverpool’s captain, Gerrard adding the caption: “Baseball practice at Fenway park. Home run #bostonredsoxs #boom”
While below you can see Daniel Sturridge’s footage of Glen Johnson’s best attempts. He wrote: “Baseball at the Boston Red Sox batting practice. Who was the best. Top left – Glen Johnson. Top right – Stevie G or bottom left – Pepe Reina. Kept myself out the firing line. Fair play to the guys that do it. Not as easy as it looks!!”
- Updated: July 24, 2014