Stevan Jovetic pulls off one of the worst dives of the season for Man City v Chelsea [GIF & Vine]
- February 15, 2014
Stevan Jovetic is not well known in England, so he better be careful.
The Montenegro striker has been injured for much of the campaign but appears to be getting back to his best with a goal at Spurs a couple of weeks ago and the opener against Chelsea in the FA Cup today.
There was though an incident just before the hour mark versus Chelsea, which very much blotted Jovetic’s copy book and was his last meaningful contribution to the FA Cup tie.
Jovetic flicked the ball one side of David Luiz and ran round the other, the Brazilian put his hands up to signal that he was nowhere near the Manchester City striker.
Cue, one of the worst dives of the season so far.
Referee Phil Dowd had little option but to book Jovetic. And, Manuel Pellegrini hauled him off seconds later.
Perhaps there was a sniper in the crowd?!
- PSG reject bid from Chelsea for Marquinhos [Mail]
- Chelsea loanee Lewis Baker scores & misses penalty for Vitesse (video)
- Manchester City officially sign Kevin De Bruyne from Wolfsburg [Vine & Best Tweets]
- Chelsea loanee Dom Solanke scores first goal in professional football for Vitesse (Video)
- Gary Neville: Chelsea’s players need a slap around the face, Branislav Ivanovic c...
- Jose Mourinho: Crystal Palace were lucky & singles out 1 Chelsea player (video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...