- Former Irish rugby star Brian O’Driscoll admits he was infatuated when he met David Beckham [Video]
- Mario Balotelli pulls off back skill and bicycle kick during Liverpool head tennis [Video]
- Rumours abound that Falcao will start for Man United against Chelsea [Tweets]
- Thibaut Courtois has achieved a lot in his career since his debut six years ago
- This graphic shows Louis van Gaal’s stunning influence over top level European football
Stevan Jovetic pulls off one of the worst dives of the season for Man City v Chelsea [GIF & Vine]
- February 15, 2014
Stevan Jovetic is not well known in England, so he better be careful.
The Montenegro striker has been injured for much of the campaign but appears to be getting back to his best with a goal at Spurs a couple of weeks ago and the opener against Chelsea in the FA Cup today.
There was though an incident just before the hour mark versus Chelsea, which very much blotted Jovetic’s copy book and was his last meaningful contribution to the FA Cup tie.
Jovetic flicked the ball one side of David Luiz and ran round the other, the Brazilian put his hands up to signal that he was nowhere near the Manchester City striker.
Cue, one of the worst dives of the season so far.
Referee Phil Dowd had little option but to book Jovetic. And, Manuel Pellegrini hauled him off seconds later.
Perhaps there was a sniper in the crowd?!