Steaua Bucharest manager confirms Tottenham have signed Vlad Chiricheş
After losing out on Willian to Chelsea, it looks almost certain that Tottenham will spend some of the Gareth Bale windfall on at least two players this week: Erik Lamela and Vlad Chiricheş.
Word coming from Italy is that Lamela will be signed on Monday or Tuesday whilst Steaua Bucharest manager Laurențiu Reghecampf confirmed on Saturday evening that Chiricheş will also sign for Spurs.
After Steaua’s 2-2 draw with Gaz Metan on Saturday, Reghecampf said: “Owner Becali told me there’s an agreement between the clubs, Vlad will leave after the game vs Legia (on Tuesday).”
Reghecampf added: “We can consider the deal for Chiriches done, great news for the boy. The money will help us a lot.”
The 23-year-old defender has been linked with Tottenham for the last few weeks and this is not the first time there have been reports from Romania that the deal has been done.
Initial reports had suggested that Vlad Chiricheş would cost Spurs 8 million euros. Although this all comes with the caveat that personal terms are still to be agreed between the player and Premier League club.
Chiriches is considered to be one of the best ball-playing defenders in all of Europe and impressed for Steaua in their run in the Europa League last season -especially with a wonder goal v Ajax – see second video below.
He is also strong in the air and looks suited to English football suggesting Andre Villas-Boas may have pulled out another fine player this summer after the confirmed Tottenham signings of Paulinho, Etienne Capoue, Roberto Soldado and Nacer Chadli.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City v Steaua Bucharest: Champions League preview, line-ups & predictionsAugust 24, 2016
- Sergio Aguero reacts to his performance for Manchester City tonight [Tweet]August 16, 2016
- Sergio Aguero scores a hat-trick in Manchester City’s 5-0 win (Video)August 16, 2016
- Dinamo Bucharest pulled off an incredible tifo prank on Steaua pre Man City game [Picture]August 16, 2016
- Steve McManaman slams Spurs for using Wembley as an excuse for Champions League failure (Video)December 8, 2016
- Christian Eriksen’s performance praised as Tottenham beat CSKA Moscow 3-1 [Tweets]December 7, 2016
- Dele Alli & Harry Kane turn things around for Tottenham v CSKA Moscow (Video)December 7, 2016
- Spurs turn it around v CSKA and look set to lift Wembley Curse [Tweets]December 7, 2016