- At 27, Lionel Messi scores a hat-trick for Barca & becomes La Liga’s top scorer. Gets bumps [Vines]
- “This season is no fun” – @Gunnerblog reacts to Arsenal 1 – Man United 2
- 253!!! Lionel Messi extends lead as La Liga top goal scorer with hat-trick v Sevilla!
- 252!!! Lionel Messi becomes outright La Liga top goal scorer!!!
- Golazo! Heerenveen’s Luciano Slagveer scores a flying half-volley at Ajax [Video]
Steady on, ‘Arry! QPR boss Redknapp compares England’s yet-to-be capped Andros Townsend to European champion Arjen Robben
After his blinding start to the season, a lot of excitement is being generated around Spurs winger Andros Townsend.
The 22-year old has been called up to Roy Hodgon’s England squad for the next round of World Cup qualifiers, leading many to purr at the prospect of him terrorising international full-backs and giving England additional width.
But Harry Redknapp took the eulogies a bit too far today, when he compared the uncapped winger – who’s had a staggering 9 loan moves in his fledgling Spurs career – to European champion Arjen Robben.
Rednkapp says, ‘He’s the closest thing we’ve produced to Arjen Robben…I’m not saying he’s Arjen Robben at the moment; he’s not. But…plays on the right hand side, dribbles in a very similar style, runs at people, comes in on that left foot…’
Redknapp had Townsend on loan at QPR last season, so he’s seen him at close quarters, but it’s fair to say Townsend’s got a long, loooong way to go to even be anywhere near the same league as Arjen Robben.
[gthumb id="361543" size="large" autoplay="1"]
- Updated: October 4, 2013