- 10Bet Exclusive Bonus: 50% Up To £200 Free!
- Bet365 Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- NetBet Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £100 Free!
- Bet365 Live streaming - Watch Live Sports
- BoyleSports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Ladbrokes Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Betfred Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25!
- Winner Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £200 Free!
- 18Bet Exclusive Bonus: 150% Up To £30 Free!
- Betway Exclusive Bonus: 100% Up To £50 Free!
- Vernons Sports Exclusive Bonus: 100% up to £25 Free!
Steady on, ‘Arry! QPR boss Redknapp compares England’s yet-to-be capped Andros Townsend to European champion Arjen Robben
- Updated: October 4, 2013
After his blinding start to the season, a lot of excitement is being generated around Spurs winger Andros Townsend.
The 22-year old has been called up to Roy Hodgon’s England squad for the next round of World Cup qualifiers, leading many to purr at the prospect of him terrorising international full-backs and giving England additional width.
But Harry Redknapp took the eulogies a bit too far today, when he compared the uncapped winger – who’s had a staggering 9 loan moves in his fledgling Spurs career – to European champion Arjen Robben.
Rednkapp says, ‘He’s the closest thing we’ve produced to Arjen Robben…I’m not saying he’s Arjen Robben at the moment; he’s not. But…plays on the right hand side, dribbles in a very similar style, runs at people, comes in on that left foot…’
Redknapp had Townsend on loan at QPR last season, so he’s seen him at close quarters, but it’s fair to say Townsend’s got a long, loooong way to go to even be anywhere near the same league as Arjen Robben.
[gthumb id="361543" size="large" autoplay="1"]