Stats suggest Sunderland’s Mannone & West Ham’s Adrian are the best keepers in the Premier League [Graphic]
Here’s a stat graphic that completely debunks the prevailing conventional wisdom on the hierarchy of Premier League goalkeepers.
Get this: the stats suggest that the best in the business between the posts isn’t Arsenal’s Wojciech Szczesny or Man United’s De Gea, but Sunderland’s unheralded Vito Mannone.
Formerly Szczesny’s understudy at Arsenal, has only conceded 16 goals, 10 less than the Pole, though he has shared the role with Kieran Westwood at Sunderland.
Also, it’s worth bearing in mind that the league’s lower placed sides naturally have more shots made against them, hence the higher proportion of saves among the smaller teams keepers.
Still, the save percentages don’t lie, and the fact is the stats place Mannone, West Ham’s Adrian and Southampton’s Artur Boruc as the Premier League’s top 3 goalkeepers in purely action terms.
Watch Live Stream
- Sky pundits analyse how Sunderland relegated Newcastle & Rafa Benitez’s future (Offici...May 17th, 2016
- Amazing scenes at FT of Sunderland 3 – Everton 0 as Black Cats survive relegation (Video)May 11th, 2016
- Sunderland send North East rivals down by beating Everton 3-0 [Tweets]May 11th, 2016
- BBC team of the week: 3 Southampton stars, 2 Black Cats, two Foxes & a Man United defenderMay 9th, 2016
- Leaked: West Ham’s brand new club badgeMay 23rd, 2016
- Quality: West Ham write short Facebook message to Manchester United ahead of FA Cup FinalMay 21st, 2016
- Awesome: Slaven Bilic gives surprise team talk to West Ham amateur team (Video)May 20th, 2016
- West Ham’s Reece Oxford laughs off transfer talk on social mediaMay 18th, 2016