St Etienne defender Kurt Zouma confirms he has spoken to Mourinho & “loves Chelsea” [L’Equipe]
- January 16, 2014
“Well, its true. There has been an advanced contact. At first I thought it was a joke. But I quickly took [Mourinho’s] call seriously. A great man like Jose Mourinho phoning a small player like Kurt Zouma, it’s nice. It does not happen to you every day and it is a great sign of respect and trust. I will always take Chelsea. I loved this club since childhood and blue is my favourite colour. In my head, it is clear: I want a change. When going abroad, it’s make or break. But it is a risk worth taking.” – St Etienne defender on Chelsea in Thursday’s L’Equipe.
After clinching the signing of Nemanja Matic on Wednesday, it would be a surprise if Chelsea were to bring in another big signing in the January transfer window.
But, Kurt Zouma’s quotes above suggest the 19-year-old has been targeted either for now with a loan back agreement or to purchase outright in the summer.
Zouma has emerged as one of the best young central defenders in France over the past couple of seasons and could well be a fine investment for Chelsea.
Les Verts are believed to be asking a fee of 10 million pounds and Zouma’s contract at St Etienne expires in 2017.
- Chelsea’s Pedro skinned Arsenal’s Santi Cazorla at Spain training (Video)
- Pedro finally explains his decision to join Chelsea ahead of Manchester United [Marca]
- Think Chelsea have a lot of players on loan? Wait till you see what’s going on at...
- Chelsea’s Kurt Zouma & Juve’s Paul Pogba show off sublime juggling ski...
- Chelsea failed in a late bid to sign Luisao from Benfica [O Jogo]
- New Chelsea signing Papy Djilobodji left out of Champions League squad
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...