- Premier League clubs spent £115m on agent fees; Chelsea forking out £16.77m alone [Full List]
- Real Madrid set to pass on option to sign Chicharito as they have Sergio Aguero in their sights [Fichajes]
- Jose Mourinho: Obviously Lionel Messi is not coming to Chelsea
- Exquisite! Meshal Theyab hits wonderful dipping volley in Kuwaiti Premier League game [Video]
- Manchester City give up pursuit of Isco as he is quite happy at Real Madrid [Marca]
Spurs want Luka Modric back as part of Bale deal & could move for Luis Suarez
The Wednesday papers make fascinating reading as they prepare to embellish the mega transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Judging by The Times and Daily Mail tomorrow, Tottenham are willing to strike a deal with Real Madrid but it will be on their terms.
Gary Jacob suggests in The Times that Spurs are set to ask for Luka Modric to return to White Hart Lane as part of any deal for Bale.
Despite his acrimonious departure from White Hart Lane last summer, Daniel Levy has previous for bringing back players to Tottenham and the north London side could do with the guile that the Croatian can provide.
After struggling somewhat at the Bernabeu last season and with a dearth of midfield talent, Real Madrid will reportedly let Modric leave, especially to bring in Bale.
However, Spurs will face competition from Manchester United for the signature of the Croatian playmaker.
The Daily Mail throw another name into the mix, that of Luis Suarez and suggest Tottenham could spend a large portion of the windfall from the world record Bale fee on the Liverpool striker.
This would seem unlikely and could perhaps be a ploy to see if Real Madrid have any lingering interest in the Uruguayan or to put pressure on Arsenal to finally up their bid significantly for Suarez.
Both The Times and Daily Mail back pages are below.
- Updated: July 30, 2013