Spurs want Luka Modric back as part of Bale deal & could move for Luis Suarez
- July 30, 2013
The Wednesday papers make fascinating reading as they prepare to embellish the mega transfer of Gareth Bale to Real Madrid.
Judging by The Times and Daily Mail tomorrow, Tottenham are willing to strike a deal with Real Madrid but it will be on their terms.
Gary Jacob suggests in The Times that Spurs are set to ask for Luka Modric to return to White Hart Lane as part of any deal for Bale.
Despite his acrimonious departure from White Hart Lane last summer, Daniel Levy has previous for bringing back players to Tottenham and the north London side could do with the guile that the Croatian can provide.
After struggling somewhat at the Bernabeu last season and with a dearth of midfield talent, Real Madrid will reportedly let Modric leave, especially to bring in Bale.
However, Spurs will face competition from Manchester United for the signature of the Croatian playmaker.
The Daily Mail throw another name into the mix, that of Luis Suarez and suggest Tottenham could spend a large portion of the windfall from the world record Bale fee on the Liverpool striker.
This would seem unlikely and could perhaps be a ploy to see if Real Madrid have any lingering interest in the Uruguayan or to put pressure on Arsenal to finally up their bid significantly for Suarez.
Both The Times and Daily Mail back pages are below.
The 15 Greatest Photos of the 2014/15 Campaign
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...