- Howard Webb, Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville talk about diving [Video]
- Magnificent! Tha’er Bawab (Craiova) finishes wonderful solo run off with scooped finish v Rapid Bucharesti
- Liverpool’s Sheyi Ojo & Chelsea’s Dominic Solanke score in England U18s win over Poland
- Paul Pogba says his ambition is to become as good as Zinedine Zidane
- Xabi Alonso on uber-wealthy Man City’s European struggles: Football is not mathematics
Spurs turn down offers for Erik Lamela from Napoli and Inter Milan [Sky Italia]
Whilst there are constant rumours about the future of Roberto Soldado, it appears Tottenham are very keen to keep their other high-profile flop from last summer in Erik Lamela.
Reliable Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Tottenham are set to turn down offers for Erik Lamela from both Napoli and Inter Milan.
Meanwhile, Soldado has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid and Sevilla, as a makeweight as Spurs try to lure left back Alberto Moreno to White Hart Lane.
The Argentine remains a big name in Italy and both Napoli and Inter Milan will be knocked back in their loan bids, according to Di Marzio.
Lamela is currently training with former club River Plate in a bid to get fully fit for the 2014/2015 season (see picture above) at Tottenham where he will link up with compatriot and new manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is believed to be keen to hold onto Lamela and numerous reports have suggested this was one factor that helped Pochettino to take over at White Hart Lane.
- Updated: June 5, 2014