Spurs turn down offers for Erik Lamela from Napoli and Inter Milan [Sky Italia]
- June 5, 2014
Whilst there are constant rumours about the future of Roberto Soldado, it appears Tottenham are very keen to keep their other high-profile flop from last summer in Erik Lamela.
Reliable Sky Italia journalist Gianluca Di Marzio reports that Tottenham are set to turn down offers for Erik Lamela from both Napoli and Inter Milan.
Meanwhile, Soldado has been linked with a move to Atletico Madrid and Sevilla, as a makeweight as Spurs try to lure left back Alberto Moreno to White Hart Lane.
The Argentine remains a big name in Italy and both Napoli and Inter Milan will be knocked back in their loan bids, according to Di Marzio.
Lamela is currently training with former club River Plate in a bid to get fully fit for the 2014/2015 season (see picture above) at Tottenham where he will link up with compatriot and new manager Mauricio Pochettino.
Spurs chairman Daniel Levy is believed to be keen to hold onto Lamela and numerous reports have suggested this was one factor that helped Pochettino to take over at White Hart Lane.
- Why Erik Lamela’s move from Tottenham to Marseille collapsed [L’Equipe]
- Spurs flop Erik Lamela is close to joining Marseille on loan (Di Marzio)
- Marseille are in advanced talks with Tottenham over a deal for Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Inter Milan contact Tottenham about signing Eric Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Juventus set to move for Spurs attacker Erik Lamela [Di Marzio]
- Tottenham fans tear Erik Lamela to pieces after Stoke claim a 2-2 draw at White Hart La...
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...