Spurs team mates troll Jordan Archer after on loan Wycombe keeper jumped by fan
- February 5, 2013
Jordan Archer was probably hoping for some sympathy after he was jumped on by a fan at the end of Wycombe’s 1-0 win at Gillingham on Monday night.
Archer, a highly-rated 19-year-old keeper on loan from Tottenham, was taking his time over a goal kick when a fan rushed him and attacked from behind.
In truth, the invading fan was fortunate that stewards got in the way of Archer, as the Spurs and Wycombe keeper looked pretty irate about the situation.
Following the League Two match, Archer has been the victim of some humorous Tweets from Spurs team mates Andros Townsend and Tom Carroll – two youngsters pushing for first team spots at White Hart Lane in the coming seasons.
Townsend quickly spread the video whilst Carroll and another Spurs youth player in Jake Nicholson delighted in joking about Archer’s unfortunate incident.
Arguably the funniest Tweet was a retweet from a fan by Townsend urging the players to “get off Archer’s back – he has had enough of that already.”
Video of the incident below.
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi