Spurs target Antoine Griezmann is going to Atletico Madrid for €30 million [Marca]
- July 27, 2014
Tottenham look set to miss out on signing French international forward Antoine Griezmann according to Spanish paper Marca on Sunday.
While Mauricio Pochettino’s side had been talked up in the British press as being on the trial of the French winger who impressed at the World Cup, Marca now believe the Real Sociedad man is headed to Atletico Madrid rather than White Hart Lane.
Marca believe the reigning La Liga champions cut a deal with Sociedad on Saturday, in which Griezmann will head to the Vicente Calderon for €30 million.
The price tag was determined by Griezmann’s buy out clause in his contract.
Marca believe Griezmann is being bought by Atletico to partner new signing Mario Mandzukic in a brand new Rojiblancos attack.
See the news that Tottenham appear to have lost out on Antoine Griezmann below.
- Still Got It: Diego Simeone pulls off neat rainbow flick in Atletico Madrid training (V...
- Fernando Torres scores for Atletico Madrid at Real Oviedo (video)
- Chelsea confirm permanent sale of Filipe Luis to Atletico Madrid; Reported fee of £11.3m
- Filipe Luis has completed Atletico medical, but deal not done yet as Chelsea demand hig...
- Atletico Madrid bid farewell to Mario Suarez ahead of Fiorentina move (Video)
- Jackson Martinez arrives in Madrid after Atletico move, brushes off Falcao comparison [...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi