- Brendan Rodgers praises Raheem Sterling & says Liverpool don’t have world class forwards [Video]
- Tottenham fans sing about Wembley after beating Newcastle 4-0 in QF [Video]
- Southampton preparing January move for Dutch Galatasaray star Wesley Sneijder [Mirror]
- Roy Keane confronted ex-Man United man Tom Cleverley over Aston Villa bust-up exit rumours [Sun]
- Scenes! Hoardings collapse as PSV fans celebrate Luuk de Jong’s hat trick goal in 4-3 win [Video]
Spurs striker Roberto Soldado scores for Spain v Chile [video]
The less said the better about Hugo Lloris’ performance for France in Belarus the better, so Tottenham fans can console themselves with the fact that Roberto Soldado, if given the service, knows how to score.
Soldado has scored two goals for Spurs in the Premier League but has been starved of service, with a lack of quality crossing and through balls from the Tottenham midfield.
Whilst Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas has mainly gone with inverted wingers this season, stifling crosses to Soldado, the Spanish striker scored against Chile from a Pedro cross from the right.
After the match, Soldado posted an Instagram picture saying: “It was a tough match today against a great national team! Content with the goal and by the reaction of our side. A night in Geneva and then back to London tomorrow! Greetings and good night.”
- Updated: September 10, 2013