Spurs step ahead of Liverpool in race for Southampton’s Adam Lallana as they offer Andros Townsend [Mirror]
The race for Southampton and England star Adam Lallana is heating up.
Despite Liverpool having looked nailed-on favourites to sign Lallana several weeks ago, momentum now seems to be in Tottenham’s court to gazump Brendan Rodgers’ Reds.
With former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino now at the helm, Spurs have stepped up efforts to land Lallana by offering Southampton Andros Townsend as part of the deal.
Tottenham will offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in a bid to hijack Adam Lallana’s move to Liverpool.
Townsend, missing the World Cup because of an ankle injury, is surplus to requirements at Spurs and will be offered as bait to persuade Southampton to do business with them.
Pochettino has been charged with reviving the fortunes of his fellow Argentinian Erik Lamela, who, like Townsend is a left-footed player who prefers to play on the right wing.
So Townsend, 22, is now up for grabs, with QPR and Newcastle also showing interest in the player.
Watch Live Stream
- Daniel Sturridge posts amusing video from Liverpool’s 3rd kit launchJuly 29, 2016
- Ovie Ejaria’s impressive individual highlights for Liverpool v Chelsea (Video)July 28, 2016
- Chelsea official Twitter attacked for outrageous Cesc Fabregas claim during Liverpool game [Tweets]July 28, 2016
- Liverpool fans make fun of Chelsea players in the mixed zone (Redmen TV Video)July 28, 2016
- Southampton hit PEC Zwolle for 4 (Official video)July 24, 2016
- Graziano Pelle now 6th highest paid player in the world after Shandong Luneng moveJuly 12, 2016
- Done Deal: Graziano Pelle leaves Southampton for Shandong LunengJuly 11, 2016
- Southampton are signing Pierre Højbjerg from Bayern Munich [Kicker]July 10, 2016