Spurs step ahead of Liverpool in race for Southampton’s Adam Lallana as they offer Andros Townsend [Mirror]
- May 31, 2014
The race for Southampton and England star Adam Lallana is heating up.
Despite Liverpool having looked nailed-on favourites to sign Lallana several weeks ago, momentum now seems to be in Tottenham’s court to gazump Brendan Rodgers’ Reds.
With former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino now at the helm, Spurs have stepped up efforts to land Lallana by offering Southampton Andros Townsend as part of the deal.
Tottenham will offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in a bid to hijack Adam Lallana’s move to Liverpool.
Townsend, missing the World Cup because of an ankle injury, is surplus to requirements at Spurs and will be offered as bait to persuade Southampton to do business with them.
Pochettino has been charged with reviving the fortunes of his fellow Argentinian Erik Lamela, who, like Townsend is a left-footed player who prefers to play on the right wing.
So Townsend, 22, is now up for grabs, with QPR and Newcastle also showing interest in the player.
Brendan Rodgers: “If the Liverpool owners want me to go then I go”
- Awesome video! Cristiano Ronaldo’s son is a big fan of… Lionel Messi!
- The Top 101 youngsters in world football: Don Balon list 2014
- The 13 best free agents available for nothing in summer 2015 ft. Khedira & Gignac ...
- The 11 worst Liverpool signings during their 25 year barren spell [Video]
- Leaked! New kits for 2015/2016! Ft. Chelsea & Manchester United [video]
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever ft. Wayne Rooney & Thierry Henry [Official V...