- Diego Simeone says Barcelona’s Leo Messi is better than Ronaldo, Bale & Benzema combined
- Neymar at the double as Barcelona win 3-2 at Atletico Madrid [Highlights]
- Porto star Jackson Martinez nets Zlatan-esque backheel volley golazo [Vine & GIF]
- Troll! Juanfran showed Barcelona’s Neymar 7 fingers, referencing 7-1 loss to Germany [Video]
- Christian Eriksen (Spurs) inch perfect free kick golazo v Sheffield United [GIF]
Spurs step ahead of Liverpool in race for Southampton’s Adam Lallana as they offer Andros Townsend [Mirror]
The race for Southampton and England star Adam Lallana is heating up.
Despite Liverpool having looked nailed-on favourites to sign Lallana several weeks ago, momentum now seems to be in Tottenham’s court to gazump Brendan Rodgers’ Reds.
With former Saints boss Mauricio Pochettino now at the helm, Spurs have stepped up efforts to land Lallana by offering Southampton Andros Townsend as part of the deal.
Tottenham will offer Andros Townsend to Southampton in a bid to hijack Adam Lallana’s move to Liverpool.
Townsend, missing the World Cup because of an ankle injury, is surplus to requirements at Spurs and will be offered as bait to persuade Southampton to do business with them.
Pochettino has been charged with reviving the fortunes of his fellow Argentinian Erik Lamela, who, like Townsend is a left-footed player who prefers to play on the right wing.
So Townsend, 22, is now up for grabs, with QPR and Newcastle also showing interest in the player.
- Updated: May 31, 2014