- Fan Cam: Radamel Falcao’s header v Aston Villa, Man United fans go wild
- Chelsea’s Didier Drogba suspected of cheating after 2014 Miss World Netherlands drops hint
- An ugly bench clearing brawl stopped Tottenham’s U18s match v USA U17 early [Video]
- Ouch! Quini takes out his Rayo Vallecano coach with a two footed tackle v Espanyol [Video]
- Pochettino presser: Spurs boss delighted with 3 wins in a week, says Lamela needs time [video]
Spurs set to sign Steaua Bucharest defender Vlad Chiriches for €8m [Romanian reports]
Widespread reports in Romania this evening suggest Spurs have completed the signing of Steaua Bucharest defender Vlad Chiriches for a fee of 8 million euros.
According to Dolce Sport, Chiriches will leave for England tonight after starting in Steaua’s Champions League qualification match against Dinamo Tblisi on Tuesday evening.
Dolce Sport are considered to be close to Steaua Bucharest and this report has already travelled across Romania on to plenty of Spurs forums and blogs.
With Spurs overstocked with defenders, especially those that can play in the centre, there are suggestions that Steven Caulker could be off to Cardiff to make way for the Romanian.
Chiriches is considered to be one of the best ball-playing defenders in all of Europe and impressed for Steaua in their run in the Europa League last season -especially with a wonder goal v Ajax – see second video below.
He is also strong in the air and looks suited to English football suggesting Andre Villas-Boas may have pulled out another fine player this summer after the confirmed Tottenham signings of Paulinho and Nacer Chadli.
But, with the likes of Michael Dawson, Jan Vertonghen and Younes Kaboul returning from injury, some Spurs fans are wondering if they needed to strengthen in this position, especially as it would mean the end for Caulker, who has come through the ranks at White Hart Lane.
- Updated: July 30, 2013