Spurs prepare €20m bid for Memphis Depay, Dutch winger eager to join [De Telegraaf]
There have been rumours in the Dutch media of a Tottenham move for PSV and Holland winger Memphis Depay over the past few days.
We are told that Spurs are preparing a 20 million euro bid for Memphis Depay which would seem like a fair deal for one of the rising stars of the Holland national team.
Memphis Depay is contracted to PSV until the end of the 2016/2017 season but has already informed the Dutch media that he is keen to leave Eindhoven this summer.
De Telegraaf confirm that if Tottenham make an offer, “Depay would want to listen”.
Memphis Depay was part of Louis van Gaal’s Holland squad at the World Cup and scored against both Australia and Chile. Last season the 20-year-old claimed 12 goals in 32 games for PSV.
Spurs have consistently raided the Eredivisie over recent seasons, bringing in Jan Vertonghen and Christian Eriksen from Ajax and Nacer Chadli signed from FC Twente.
A fellow report in the Daily Telegraph today also confirms that Depay is a target for Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino but that chairman Daniel Levy is willing to wait until later on in the transfer window.
Tottenham have previously been linked with Southampton attacker Jay Rodriguez but the England international is unlikely to be fit again until October.
Watch Live Stream
- Man City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko brilliant assist for PSV (Video)November 26, 2016
- Bayern’s Arjen Robben awesome gesture to the PSV fans (Video)November 2, 2016
- Mission accomplished FIFA? Banana thrown onto pitch during Rostov v PSVSeptember 29, 2016
- Brad Jones pulls off crazy last second stop for Feyenoord win at PSV (Video)September 18, 2016
- Leaked designs of Tottenham’s possible 2017-18 kitsDecember 9, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man United v Spurs & how to replace AgueroDecember 9, 2016
- PSG & Real Madrid target one of Maurcio Pochettino’s star playersDecember 9, 2016
- He’ll regret that: Eric Dier slaps Spurs pal Dele (video)December 8, 2016