Spurs planning surprise £3m bid for Sunderland’s John O’Shea [Telegraph]
The Telegraph claim an exclusive on what would be one of the surprise transfers of the summer – John O’ Shea to Tottenham Hotspur.
With Michael Dawson out of contract and free to leave this summer, the Telegraph claim the Spurs have identified Sunderland’s Irish centre-half as an ideal replacement to go straight into the team.
The Telegraph believe that Spurs are in the process of lining up a £3 million bid for the Irishman, which would be a far cry from the glamour signings of last summer.
After spending 12 years as a fringe player at Manchester United, O’Shea has gone on to become a defensive stalwart in the Black Cats defence, and was a key figure in their Premier League survival last season.
But at 33, it’s doubtful a £3m expenditure on an ageing and slowing centre-half will get the Spurs fans pulses racing.
- Crystal Palace benefit from a mega price hike against homesick Sunderland [Promo]
- Sunderland’s Duncan Watmore individual highlights for England U21 v Switzerland (Official Video)
- England 3 – Switzerland 1: Sunderland’s Duncan Watmore & Arsenal’s Chuba A...
- Merseyside Police launch investigation after Trolling Sunderland & Chelsea on Twitter
- Spurs brilliantly organise the ‘Ben Davies’ cup ft Dele Alli and other stars (Video)
- How the PL table would look if every Paul Merson prediction was correct [Graphic]
- Sol Campbell attracts haters for calling out a shop worker on Twitter [Tweets]
- Spurs starlet Dele Alli Tweets an amusing Kyle Walker Vine video