Spurs planning surprise £3m bid for Sunderland’s John O’Shea [Telegraph]
The Telegraph claim an exclusive on what would be one of the surprise transfers of the summer – John O’ Shea to Tottenham Hotspur.
With Michael Dawson out of contract and free to leave this summer, the Telegraph claim the Spurs have identified Sunderland’s Irish centre-half as an ideal replacement to go straight into the team.
The Telegraph believe that Spurs are in the process of lining up a £3 million bid for the Irishman, which would be a far cry from the glamour signings of last summer.
After spending 12 years as a fringe player at Manchester United, O’Shea has gone on to become a defensive stalwart in the Black Cats defence, and was a key figure in their Premier League survival last season.
But at 33, it’s doubtful a £3m expenditure on an ageing and slowing centre-half will get the Spurs fans pulses racing.
Watch Live Stream
- Victor Anichebe’s embarrassing Twitter blunder following Sunderland’s defeat at West HamOctober 23, 2016
- Sam Allardyce could make Sunderland return if takeover goes through [The Sun]October 20, 2016
- Slovak keeper Alex Fojticek makes a horror mistake for Man United U18 v Sunderland (Video)October 8, 2016
- Jermain Defoe equals a Spurs & Man United legend in the EPL all-time scoring chartsSeptember 24, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016