Spurs planning surprise £3m bid for Sunderland’s John O’Shea [Telegraph]
- June 18, 2014
The Telegraph claim an exclusive on what would be one of the surprise transfers of the summer – John O’ Shea to Tottenham Hotspur.
With Michael Dawson out of contract and free to leave this summer, the Telegraph claim the Spurs have identified Sunderland’s Irish centre-half as an ideal replacement to go straight into the team.
The Telegraph believe that Spurs are in the process of lining up a £3 million bid for the Irishman, which would be a far cry from the glamour signings of last summer.
After spending 12 years as a fringe player at Manchester United, O’Shea has gone on to become a defensive stalwart in the Black Cats defence, and was a key figure in their Premier League survival last season.
But at 33, it’s doubtful a £3m expenditure on an ageing and slowing centre-half will get the Spurs fans pulses racing.
The 10 Worst Signings of The 14/15 Premier League Season
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi
- Best memes & photoshops ahead of the Barcelona v Juventus CL final [Video]