Spurs planning surprise £3m bid for Sunderland’s John O’Shea [Telegraph]
The Telegraph claim an exclusive on what would be one of the surprise transfers of the summer – John O’ Shea to Tottenham Hotspur.
With Michael Dawson out of contract and free to leave this summer, the Telegraph claim the Spurs have identified Sunderland’s Irish centre-half as an ideal replacement to go straight into the team.
The Telegraph believe that Spurs are in the process of lining up a £3 million bid for the Irishman, which would be a far cry from the glamour signings of last summer.
After spending 12 years as a fringe player at Manchester United, O’Shea has gone on to become a defensive stalwart in the Black Cats defence, and was a key figure in their Premier League survival last season.
But at 33, it’s doubtful a £3m expenditure on an ageing and slowing centre-half will get the Spurs fans pulses racing.
Watch Live Stream
- Even Newcastle’s Alan Shearer changes his mind about Sunderland (MOTD Videos)December 4, 2016
- Roberto Firmino & wife Larissa Pereira celebrate Liverpool 2 – Sunderland 0 (videos)November 27, 2016
- The moment Jurgen Klopp changed Liverpool v Sunderland (video)November 26, 2016
- Sunderland boss David Moyes plans to park the ‘double decker bus at Liverpool (Video)November 26, 2016
- Revealed: In-depth review of Toby Alderweireld’s release clause in his Spurs contractDecember 7, 2016
- Tottenham’s Erik Lamela returns to Argentina in odd circumstances. Here’s what we knowDecember 6, 2016
- Boost for Poch: Two Spurs defenders return to trainingDecember 6, 2016
- Spurs fans can rest easy over Toby AlderweireldDecember 6, 2016