Spurs pip Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in £10 million deal [Telegraph]
- July 16, 2014
Tottenham Hotspur have pipped Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in a £10 million deal, according to news site The Telegraph.
Davies has been admired by both clubs for a number of months and Liverpool have had an £8m bid rejected by Swansea as they try to sign the exciting prospect.
He has been pulled out of the Swansea squad due to face Chivas in a friendly in the USA in order to begin negotiations with Spurs chiefs.
But The Telegraph says that Davies’ preferred option would be Anfield and if Liverpool match the bid of Spurs then he will be able to enter talks with Brendan Rodgers’ side.
The Welshman has been a key figure in Swansea’s last two seasons, campaigns which established Swansea as a team comfortable in the top division and brought triumph in the League Cup in 2013.
- Djibril Cisse denies any involvement in sex tape blackmail of Mathieu Valbuena [Le Figaro]
- Why James Milner is crucial to Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool revolution [Statistics]
- Tottenham v Liverpool: Watch a Live Stream of the Premier League match
- Carlo Ancelotti was offered Liverpool job before Jurgen Klopp, claims former Spurs boss...
- Quality fan footage: Christian Eriksen’s 2nd free-kick goal for Spurs at Swansea ...
- Swansea’s Andre Ayew named Barclays Premier League Player of the Month (Video)
- Debate rages if Swansea’s Jonjo Shelvey is better than Liverpool’s Jordan H...
- Man United fan trolled for taking his passport to Wales for the Swansea game (Video)