Spurs pip Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in £10 million deal [Telegraph]
- July 16, 2014
Tottenham Hotspur have pipped Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in a £10 million deal, according to news site The Telegraph.
Davies has been admired by both clubs for a number of months and Liverpool have had an £8m bid rejected by Swansea as they try to sign the exciting prospect.
He has been pulled out of the Swansea squad due to face Chivas in a friendly in the USA in order to begin negotiations with Spurs chiefs.
But The Telegraph says that Davies’ preferred option would be Anfield and if Liverpool match the bid of Spurs then he will be able to enter talks with Brendan Rodgers’ side.
The Welshman has been a key figure in Swansea’s last two seasons, campaigns which established Swansea as a team comfortable in the top division and brought triumph in the League Cup in 2013.
Watch Live Stream
- New Liverpool signing Loris Karius discusses move from Mainz on InstagramMay 25th, 2016
- Done Deal: Liverpool sign Loris Karius from Mainz (Video)May 24th, 2016
- Redmen TV try to convince themselves Mario Gotze could still join Liverpool from Bayern (Video)May 24th, 2016
- UEFA fine Liverpool & Man United for fan trouble during Europa League clashMay 24th, 2016
- Yaya Toure makes Manuel Pellegrini throw Man City jacket into away support (Video)May 15th, 2016
- Race for 4th: Man United & Man City confirmed team sheets on final dayMay 15th, 2016
- Skrtel captain: Swansea v Liverpool [Team Sheets]May 1st, 2016
- Borussia Dortmund target Swansea star Gylfi Sigurdsson [Sun]April 25th, 2016
- Barcelona have decided to release Spurs target Sandro Ramirez [Mail]May 24th, 2016
- LVG was trying to sign Tottenham’s Christian Eriksen before Man United sacked him [PA]May 24th, 2016
- Spurs have a verbal agreement to sign Sao Paulo striker Jonathan Calleri, claims dad [Yahoo Brasil]May 23rd, 2016
- Tottenham’s Danny Rose seemed to have an accident in his shorts v TurkeyMay 22nd, 2016