- Zico (61) scores a sweet goal in a charity match, celebrates by samba dancing with Robinho [Video]
- Blackburn Rovers v Middlesbrough: Watch a Live Stream of the Championship match
- Adidas employee’s online advise for a guy buying his girlfriend a Real Madrid shirt goes viral [Pictures]
- Linfield’s Ivan Sproule sent off for putting his shirt on the corner flag v Glentoran [Video]
- Top 5 Soccer AM 2014 car park goals ft Arsenal hero David Seaman & ex-West Ham man Dean Ashton
Spurs pip Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in £10 million deal [Telegraph]
Tottenham Hotspur have pipped Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in a £10 million deal, according to news site The Telegraph.
Davies has been admired by both clubs for a number of months and Liverpool have had an £8m bid rejected by Swansea as they try to sign the exciting prospect.
He has been pulled out of the Swansea squad due to face Chivas in a friendly in the USA in order to begin negotiations with Spurs chiefs.
But The Telegraph says that Davies’ preferred option would be Anfield and if Liverpool match the bid of Spurs then he will be able to enter talks with Brendan Rodgers’ side.
The Welshman has been a key figure in Swansea’s last two seasons, campaigns which established Swansea as a team comfortable in the top division and brought triumph in the League Cup in 2013.
- Updated: July 16, 2014