Spurs pip Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in £10 million deal [Telegraph]
- July 16, 2014
Tottenham Hotspur have pipped Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in a £10 million deal, according to news site The Telegraph.
Davies has been admired by both clubs for a number of months and Liverpool have had an £8m bid rejected by Swansea as they try to sign the exciting prospect.
He has been pulled out of the Swansea squad due to face Chivas in a friendly in the USA in order to begin negotiations with Spurs chiefs.
But The Telegraph says that Davies’ preferred option would be Anfield and if Liverpool match the bid of Spurs then he will be able to enter talks with Brendan Rodgers’ side.
The Welshman has been a key figure in Swansea’s last two seasons, campaigns which established Swansea as a team comfortable in the top division and brought triumph in the League Cup in 2013.
Watch Live Stream
- Gary Neville responds to Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius on InstagramDecember 9, 2016
- Nominees for inaugural FIFA Fan Award announced: Liverpool and Iceland supporters includedDecember 9, 2016
- Ex-Liverpool players have reunion after Fenerbahce win at Feyenoord [Instagram]December 9, 2016
- Joel Matip gives Liverpool a terrific Christmas presentDecember 9, 2016
- Swansea legend Lee Trundle scores awesome trick penalty (video)December 5, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino cites Michael Owen dive to defend Spurs midfielderDecember 5, 2016
- Explosive claims may finally reveal why Michael Laudrup was mysteriously axed from Swansea in 2014December 4, 2016
- Dele Alli lampooned on the BBC for his dive v Swansea (Video)December 3, 2016
- PSG are planning a huge bid for Spurs star Dele Alli [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- Who Spurs and Man United could face in the Europa League last 32December 9, 2016
- Leaked designs of Tottenham’s possible 2017-18 kitsDecember 9, 2016
- In-depth Fantasy Football previews: Man United v Spurs & how to replace AgueroDecember 9, 2016