Spurs pip Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in £10 million deal [Telegraph]
- July 16, 2014
Tottenham Hotspur have pipped Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in a £10 million deal, according to news site The Telegraph.
Davies has been admired by both clubs for a number of months and Liverpool have had an £8m bid rejected by Swansea as they try to sign the exciting prospect.
He has been pulled out of the Swansea squad due to face Chivas in a friendly in the USA in order to begin negotiations with Spurs chiefs.
But The Telegraph says that Davies’ preferred option would be Anfield and if Liverpool match the bid of Spurs then he will be able to enter talks with Brendan Rodgers’ side.
The Welshman has been a key figure in Swansea’s last two seasons, campaigns which established Swansea as a team comfortable in the top division and brought triumph in the League Cup in 2013.
- Man United and Arsenal stars make up the bulk of Michael Owen’s Dream Team XI [Vi...
- How Liverpool could play a 3-4-3 formation next season [Graphic, the Observer]
- Liverpool’s Emre Can rejects Ginter’s criticism after going out for pizza d...
- Southampton’s Nathaniel Clyne photographed after completing Liverpool medical [Pi...
- Steven Gerrard welcomed by less than 10 LA Galaxy fans upon USA arrival [Video]
- Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho produced a glorious sombrero during Brazil’s ...
- Galatasaray Vs. Bursaspor: A 101 Great Goals special feature on the Turkish Cup final [...
- Join Now: 101 Great Goals launches a brand new WhatsApp broadcast list service
- 101GG compile chronological list of the 20 best goalkeepers in world football [Video]
- Thiago Messi’s appearance at Barca celebrations has produced cute Photoshops
- Cristiano Ronaldo comes to the rescue of Japanese child interviewer attempting Portugue...
- What Pep said to Messi