Spurs pip Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in £10 million deal [Telegraph]
- July 16, 2014
Tottenham Hotspur have pipped Liverpool to sign Swansea left-back Ben Davies in a £10 million deal, according to news site The Telegraph.
Davies has been admired by both clubs for a number of months and Liverpool have had an £8m bid rejected by Swansea as they try to sign the exciting prospect.
He has been pulled out of the Swansea squad due to face Chivas in a friendly in the USA in order to begin negotiations with Spurs chiefs.
But The Telegraph says that Davies’ preferred option would be Anfield and if Liverpool match the bid of Spurs then he will be able to enter talks with Brendan Rodgers’ side.
The Welshman has been a key figure in Swansea’s last two seasons, campaigns which established Swansea as a team comfortable in the top division and brought triumph in the League Cup in 2013.
- Lazar Markovic set to quit Liverpool this season to move to Turkey on loan [Echo]
- Luis Suarez names his favourite Premier League player, and it’s a former Liverpoo...
- Mario Balotelli didn’t know one of his Liverpool teammates despite having played ...
- Jordon Ibe scores his own volley at Liverpool training (Video)
- Daniel Sturridge celebrates return to Liverpool training with several Instagram posts
- Injury-plagued Daniel Sturridge returned to Liverpool training on Thursday (Pictures)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...