Spurs offered “3 or 4 million euros more” than Atletico Madrid for David Villa [Catalunya Radio]
- July 9, 2013
As Spurs fans wonder how Atletico Madrid bagged David Villa for what seems like a scandalously low fee, Catalunya Radio report that Tottenham DID bid for the Spain striker.
According to reports in Spain, Villa moved to Atletico for just 2.1 million euros up front with the deal costing maximum 5.1 million euros if the former Valencia striker plays for three seasons in the Spanish capital.
Catalunya Radio suggest there were two foreign clubs seriously interested in Villa: Spurs and Fiorentina. And, both sides offered “3 or 4 million euros more” than Atletico.
However, Barcelona were eager to reward Villa for his three seasons at the Nou Camp, which have been laden with goals and also featured a serious shin injury.
Villa was keen to stay in Spain to challenge for a spot in next year’s World Cup squad and Champions League football at Atletico also swung his decision.
Spurs are now expected to turn their attentions to Christian Benteke, who has handed in a transfer request at Aston Villa or Roberto Soldado of Valencia.
- Barcelona’s Luis Suarez jokingly tried to bite Leo Messi backstage at UCL draw (V...
- Man United goalkeeper Victor Valdes’ move to Besiktas collapses [Di Marzio]
- David De Gea set to join Real Madrid in a cut price deal, Man United eye Gerard Pique [...
- Barcelona 1 – Malaga 0: Thomas Vermaelen scores the winner (Highlights)
- Ex-Arsenal man Thomas Vermaelen saves Barcelona’s bacon in La Liga (Video & ...
- Gerard Pique & Neymar play Poker tournament in Barcelona (Video)
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...