Spurs offered “3 or 4 million euros more” than Atletico Madrid for David Villa [Catalunya Radio]
As Spurs fans wonder how Atletico Madrid bagged David Villa for what seems like a scandalously low fee, Catalunya Radio report that Tottenham DID bid for the Spain striker.
According to reports in Spain, Villa moved to Atletico for just 2.1 million euros up front with the deal costing maximum 5.1 million euros if the former Valencia striker plays for three seasons in the Spanish capital.
Catalunya Radio suggest there were two foreign clubs seriously interested in Villa: Spurs and Fiorentina. And, both sides offered “3 or 4 million euros more” than Atletico.
However, Barcelona were eager to reward Villa for his three seasons at the Nou Camp, which have been laden with goals and also featured a serious shin injury.
Villa was keen to stay in Spain to challenge for a spot in next year’s World Cup squad and Champions League football at Atletico also swung his decision.
Spurs are now expected to turn their attentions to Christian Benteke, who has handed in a transfer request at Aston Villa or Roberto Soldado of Valencia.
Watch Live Stream
- Did violent Valencia tactics make Andres Iniesta’s injury inevitable? (Video)October 24, 2016
- Andres Iniesta’s injury timetable sees him miss 12 Barcelona fixtures, including ClasicoOctober 23, 2016
- Neymar loses a court case regarding the birth of his son Davi Lucca [Noticias24]October 23, 2016
- New video angle emerges of Barcelona players being hit by bottles & Leo Messi’s rage (video)October 23, 2016
- Andrea Pirlo sets up David Villa for NYCFC goal v Columbus Crew (video)August 14, 2016
- David Villa berated Frank Lampard on the pitch after a New York City FC win (Video)June 19, 2016
- Amazing Andrea Pirlo assist + David Vila gorgeous finish = NYCFC goal (Video)May 30, 2016
- Legends combine: Andrea Pirlo assists for David Villa’s acrobatic finish for New York City v Whitecaps (Video)April 30, 2016
- Liverpool v Tottenham Hotspur: EFL Cup preview, line-ups & predictionsOctober 24, 2016
- Tottenham midfielder Moussa Sissoko has been charged with violent conductOctober 24, 2016
- Ex-Spurs boss Tim Sherwood drops an ‘A*se-Bomb’ live on Sky Sports (Video)October 22, 2016
- Sir Alex Ferguson names Cristiano Ronaldo as the best player he’s coachedOctober 22, 2016