- Real Madrid keepers Keylor Navas & Iker Casillas make incredible saves in training [Video]
- Shots fired! Fernando Torres admits he left Liverpool for Chelsea to win trophies
- Watch Swindon Town’s Australian midfielder Massimo Luongo amazing skills [Video]
- Chelsea reach agreement with £7m rated striker Andrej Kramarić [Di Marzio]
- Top 5 Spurs U-21 goalkeeper saves of 2014 [Video]
Spurs move for French winger Antoine Griezmann & set to battle Liverpool for Zakaria Bakkali [Times]
Tottenham have been fairly quiet in the transfer market this summer, presumably as new coach Mauricio Pochettino gets to know his players.
The Times have an update and it comes from Gary Jacob who is known to have good sources connected with the London club.
Jacob confirms that Spurs have increased their offer for Ben Davies and look favourites to sign the Welsh full back, despite interest from Liverpool.
Perhaps of more interest, is Tottenham’s interest in French winger Antoine Griezmann, who impressed predominantly off the bench at the World Cup, and looks likely to leave Real Sociedad this summer.
Spurs are vying with Bayern Munich for Griezmann, according to The Times but with a £24 million buyout clause should be affordable for the north London side.
Whether Tottenham can see off competition from the likes of Bayern, Arsenal, Chelsea and PSG (who are also mentioned in the article) remains to be seen.
Griezmann would be a hugely exciting transfer for Spurs – perhaps the long term successor to Gareth Bale…
Tottenham are also “battling” with Liverpool for Belgium winger Zakaria Bakkali who looks set to leave PSV this summer.
It is almost becoming comical how Spurs and Liverpool always seem to be in for the same players, perhaps in a lot of cases it is simply chatter to increase the price?!
- Updated: July 17, 2014