Spurs move for French winger Antoine Griezmann & set to battle Liverpool for Zakaria Bakkali [Times]
- July 17, 2014
Tottenham have been fairly quiet in the transfer market this summer, presumably as new coach Mauricio Pochettino gets to know his players.
The Times have an update and it comes from Gary Jacob who is known to have good sources connected with the London club.
Jacob confirms that Spurs have increased their offer for Ben Davies and look favourites to sign the Welsh full back, despite interest from Liverpool.
Perhaps of more interest, is Tottenham’s interest in French winger Antoine Griezmann, who impressed predominantly off the bench at the World Cup, and looks likely to leave Real Sociedad this summer.
Spurs are vying with Bayern Munich for Griezmann, according to The Times but with a £24 million buyout clause should be affordable for the north London side.
Whether Tottenham can see off competition from the likes of Bayern, Arsenal, Chelsea and PSG (who are also mentioned in the article) remains to be seen.
Griezmann would be a hugely exciting transfer for Spurs – perhaps the long term successor to Gareth Bale…
Tottenham are also “battling” with Liverpool for Belgium winger Zakaria Bakkali who looks set to leave PSV this summer.
It is almost becoming comical how Spurs and Liverpool always seem to be in for the same players, perhaps in a lot of cases it is simply chatter to increase the price?!
- Slaven Bilic tries to explain West Ham’s incredible away form this season
- Chelsea & Liverpool lose, Kamara gets the giggles: Best of Soccer Saturday (video)
- Liverpool were sh*te, w*nk & Dejan Lovren was f*cking abysmal v West Ham (Redmen T...
- West Ham fan gets a tattoo to celebrate beating Liverpool 3-0 (Picture & Tweets)
- Dejan Lovren destroyed on Twitter as Liverpool lose 3-0 at home to West Ham
- Ex-Liverpool man Ryan Babel apologizes for sexist rant on Snapchat
- Kid calls Luis Suarez the best, prompting him to clarify who the best actually is
- The 10 best Premier League goals ever [Official Videos]
- Doncaster allowed Bury to walk ball into the net for 95th minute equaliser after freak ...
- The 10 best Premier League signings of the summer so far (Video)
- If Benzema doesn’t move to Arsenal, model Jeinny Lizarazo agrees to be “pun...
- 19 years after that tackle at Man United, here’s what David Busst’s leg loo...