Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele limps off injured in Belgium training [Picture]
— Kjell Doms (@D_Boy85) October 9, 2013
This is not the sort of news Belgium would have wished for in the lead up to a crucial week of World Cup qualifiers.
Belgian journalist Kjell Doms has Tweeted a picture on Wednesday morning showing Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele limping out of Belgium training with his left ankle heavily strapped.
Dembele has been a first team regular under Andre Villas-Boas this season for Spurs and had an excellent game against Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.
Some Tottenham supporters have though questioned whether the former Fulham midfielder does enough on the pitch with all his undoubted talent.
For Belgium, who are stacked with talent, Dembele is usually not first choice but in recent games has come off the bench for Marc Wilmots’ side.
Watch Live Stream
- Vincent Kompany promises to donate all future Belgium earnings to charity (Video)August 10, 2016
- Confirmed: Romelu Lukaku’s reaction during the Man United game was about Roberto MartinezAugust 5, 2016
- Madness: Belgium appoint Roberto Martinez as new manager to the shock of Football [Tweets]August 3, 2016
- Belgium put a fantastic job advert for National Team manager on their websiteJuly 19, 2016
- Spurs on tour: Jan Vertonghen & Erik Lamela post holiday pics with teammatesJuly 9, 2016
- Tottenham’s Mousa Dembele does a comedy Cristiano Ronaldo impression (Video)May 22, 2016
- Mousa Dembele discusses the Diego Costa eye gouge during Chelsea-Spurs (Video)May 20, 2016
- Mousa Dembele invited an 8-year-old fan with prosthetic legs onto the Spurs pitch (Video)May 9, 2016
- Chelsea & Tottenham target a Belgium based Nigerian wonderkid [Het Laatste Nieuws]August 24, 2016
- Tottenham tipped to buy one of the best free-kick specialists in world football [Bild]August 24, 2016
- Schalke agree loan deal with Spurs for Nabil Bentaleb [L’Equipe]August 23, 2016
- Newcastle are selling Daryl Janmaat to Vicarage Road, taking DeAndre Yedlin from SpursAugust 23, 2016