Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele limps off injured in Belgium training [Picture]
— Kjell Doms (@D_Boy85) October 9, 2013
This is not the sort of news Belgium would have wished for in the lead up to a crucial week of World Cup qualifiers.
Belgian journalist Kjell Doms has Tweeted a picture on Wednesday morning showing Spurs midfielder Mousa Dembele limping out of Belgium training with his left ankle heavily strapped.
Dembele has been a first team regular under Andre Villas-Boas this season for Spurs and had an excellent game against Chelsea a couple of weeks ago.
Some Tottenham supporters have though questioned whether the former Fulham midfielder does enough on the pitch with all his undoubted talent.
For Belgium, who are stacked with talent, Dembele is usually not first choice but in recent games has come off the bench for Marc Wilmots’ side.
Watch Live Stream
- Marc Wilmots accuses Chelsea’s Courtois of being a mole, reveals Thibaut’s criticisms of Conte (L’Equipe Video)November 22, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen celebrates his 500th game with an heart-warming Instagram postNovember 17, 2016
- Brilliant Belgium mannequin challenge, featuring Chelsea & Spurs stars (video)November 15, 2016
- Everton’s Romelu Lukaku scores twice for Belgium (Video)November 13, 2016
- Jan Vertonghen names his Spurs MOTM v Arsenal on Instagram StoriesNovember 7, 2016
- Huge double Spurs injury boost before the NLD v Arsenal [Independent]November 6, 2016
- The Belgium press update on whether Mousa Dembele will play for Spurs v ArsenalNovember 3, 2016
- Mauricio Pochettino reveals Spurs midfielder Moussa Dembele has a new injuryOctober 13, 2016
- Liverpool & Spurs eyeing January move for Javier ‘Chicharito’ Hernandez [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- PSG are planning a huge bid for Spurs star Dele Alli [Mirror]December 9, 2016
- Who Spurs and Man United could face in the Europa League last 32December 9, 2016
- Leaked designs of Tottenham’s possible 2017-18 kitsDecember 9, 2016