Spurs midfielder Etienne Capoue has not suffered a fracture of left fibula [L’Equipe]
It was a pretty disastrous day for Tottenham.
Gareth Bale’s departure was expected of course. But losing 1-0 at the Emirates when dominating possession is rare for Spurs in a north London derby and will have been all the more galling considering the trend of their first two league games continued at Arsenal.
Tottenham are yet to score from open play in the Premier League this season and much will depend on the likes of Erik Lamela and Christian Eriksen to create with so many powerful midfielders.
So far, the big success from Spurs’ seven incoming players has been French midfielder Etienne Capoue, so watching him depart on a stretcher taking in oxygen in the second half at Arsenal was a blow, despite the fact he was replaced by Sandro, a more than capable (current) understudy.
L’Equipe therefore provide some good news late on Sunday evening. Etienne Capoue has pulled out of the France squad but has not broken or suffered a fracture to his leg.
Whilst there may be ligament damage, this is a small glimmer of good news for Spurs fans on a distressing day.
Watch Live Stream
- Fan tells Etienne Capoue to come to Chelsea, cue funny response from Watford player (Video)December 27, 2015
- Watford complete the signing of Tottenham’s Etienne Capoue for a club record fee. Fans react [Tweets]July 6, 2015
- The 48-pass Spurs goal: Who touched it & how many times [graphic]August 25, 2014
- Even Spurs fans agree Everton should’ve won a penalty for Capoue’s challenge on Coleman [Tweets]February 9, 2014
- Everton agree £30m fee for Moussa Sissoko; Spurs still in bidding war [Reports]August 31, 2016
- Tottenham set to sign Moussa Sissoko, Everton in the race (BBC 5 Live Video)August 31, 2016
- Spurs announce signings of Espanyol goalkeeper Pau Lopez & Georges-Kevin NkoudouAugust 31, 2016
- Man United told Spurs that Schneiderlin wasn’t for sale after enquiry last week [Times]August 31, 2016